Wheat/Gluten (and dairy) free friends please :)

Options
Hey I have a very sensitive stomach, and ive been living gluten free for about 2months feel so much better for it. Please feel free to add me if you are in the same boat (or not and you just want a supportibve friend)...I'd love to see your diaries on what you eat :)

Replies

• thinkthinfox
    thinkthinfox Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If anyone is thinking of going gluten free for whatever reason I totally recommend it. My stomach is not practically flat and my skin looks great...not to mention I don't get bloated anymore!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I've been gluten free (other than a few slips with family functions etc) for almost 2 years now, I still eat yogurt and once in a while a serving of cheese but on the whole rather dairy light. My diary is open and have no problem sharing recipes, feel free to add me :)
  • thinkthinfox
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I've been gluten free (mostly) for a year. I have IBS and think I have undiagnosed celiac. I limit dairy to a bit off cheese now and then. I'll add ya!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to move in this direction, but I don't know if I'm a good example of someone following it yet!
  • theoryofempire
    theoryofempire Posts: 23
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed celiac late 2012/early 2013

My biggest suggestion is find what's called "Shiritaki noodles". They're typically in the same section as tofu and wildly available at Asian markets. Gluten free yam root noodles with a ton of iron and other good things for you. Best part is a single serving is only 15 calories.

Also, monitor how you feel after eating eggs. A few months back they started making me feel bloated and nauseous. I read a bit online, and it happens to a decent amount of people who go gluten free. Something in the yolk proteins.
    Any whoo, if that happens, go to egg whites or egg beaters. I've been eating those no problem for a week or so now.

Any thing else, feel free to add me or ask!
  • AndineC
    AndineC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten and mostly dairy free as well :) was told to stop by doctor after blood tests and alhough it can be very frustrating especially eating in cafés, I feel so much better!