Vegan protein

Options
Hello all,
My name is kiersen. I am trying to get healthier. I have been vegan for about 6 years, recently my nutrition has not been great. I eat WAY too many carbs. Would love to connect with anyone tryin to find vegan protein and balanced health on a vegan diet.
Cheers!

Replies

• littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi kiersen i also just joined this community. I was a vegan for 4 years before but now im a pecetarian. I am trying to eat s more balanced healthy diet. I would love to be fitnes buddies anyway.
  • sharonamitai
    sharonamitai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also vegan and having the same issue! Can't seem to reach my daily 20% protein.
    About a week ago I bought a bag of hemp-protein powder and it's actually not that bad. Adding it to green shakes or soy yogurts after a good workout and you can barely feel the taste :)
    Generally trying to eat more tofu and seitan in stead of (some of) the carb based whole protein.
    Let me know if you get any nice tips! :)
  • mona_32105
    mona_32105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi hny my diet is
    50% carbs
    30%fat
    20%protein
    As sharonamitai said you can eat more seitan tofu ... Or may be some vegan protein powder
    After workout
    I eat 1300 calories a day
    So getting 20% protein is not difficult but sometimes i eat less than 20%
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My wife was vegan for several years. I always made a point to eat what she did even though I'm not vegan, but worried about protein intake. I always had some type of legume with my meal. I ate a lot of chickpeas, pintos, lima beans, peas. Loved her vegan chili and bean soups. Steamed broccoli was another favorite. She would also supplement her smoothies with vegan rice or pea protein powder. Good luck!