Anyone else got ALOT to lose? or just me? :-(

Options
hi everyone, im steff, 25 in glasgow (scotland). iam currently 18stones (250lbs) have recently started using MFP to reach my goal of 10st 7lbs by june 2014 as iam bridesmaid at my best friends wedding.

i previously done slimming world in sept 2010 when i weighed 23stone (322lbs) and lost 6 stone by july 2011, however i found out i was preg, put on a few stone and when i went back after having my baby boy i found that slimming world wouldnt work for me that well anymore so decided to try MFP.

please feel free to add me (trashyandjaded) as i need the motivation.

(not sure how to add pix but shall save them for my final goal).

xx

Replies

• ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't want to lose my Alot. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

However I do have a lot of weight to lose. Looking to lose about 100 lbs, not sure what that is in stones, sorry.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have a lot more to go and have list 85 so far :) add me if you like :)
  • krystalc1986
    krystalc1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your definitely not alone I have a ton of weight to lose as well. I started my weight loss journey a little over 3 weeks ago hitting the gym, and portion control. Starting weight for me was 346 and my current weight is 328. So I suppose we are on the same journey! Good luck and I have sent a friend request.
  • MollyOlly3
    Options
    hi :), im natalie,21, Belfast. i have a lot to lose too, wanting to be down to 10st by march 2014. currently im 205lbs and wanting to lose the weight for my own health, and plus lots of weddings happening in 2014 along with my own in 2015 (hopefully :D) i did SW too back when i was 18 and only 12st but i could never stick to it, just didnt work. so now im trying out MFP and hopefully i get my results :)

Good luck :)
  • noveltraveler
    Options
    Hi Steff!
    I recently found out I'm diabetic and have about 100 pounds to lose, so we're in the same boat! I've used My Fitness Pal for a couple of months now and it's been a great help. I'm sure you'll be well on your way to that gorgeous dress in no time. Keep us posted on your success. :)
  • trashyandjaded
    Options
    thanks for replies, didnt expect anyone too reply. hoping i can stick to it and it comes off. just need to stay motivated.

im not sure how to add ppl on MFP so if u know plz feel free xx
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm 67lbs down and lots more to go! Feel free to friend me if you are looking for some people with similar goals :)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have around 85 lbs to lose. Add me!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    thanks for replies, didnt expect anyone too reply. hoping i can stick to it and it comes off. just need to stay motivated.

You'll do great, just find some supportive friends, plan out your meals and make healthier choices more often than not. Stick to the positive posts on the boards and ask questions when needed, the archives are full of lots of great help as well.

THIS is a big one!!!
    Constantly read through the Before/After Section for Motivation when you're doing good and particularly when you're feeling stuck or down. That section is the best for helping one realize it IS possible to get where they are by hard work, dedication and making healthy changes.:happy:

Cheers:drinker: you've come to the right place!!!:heart:
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options

If you look at someone's profile (click their name or photo), you should be able to click an "Add as a Friend" button. Also, to look up someone's profile you can click on the Community tab at the top of the browser and then Find Members under that.

As Heart's Desire says, make sure you spend plenty of time on the Success Stories thread. There are many people like you who have been successful.
  • cherylt2011
    cherylt2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, yes I still have a lot to lose. Slow and steady and no giving up is my daily thoughts. So far I am down 24 lbs and think that is not much, but my daughter-in-law (thoughtful girl that she is) reminded me that is 1/3 of the way. Keep good thoughts and keep at it. My wonderful husband is doing this along side me and that helps tremendously. So my thoughts are that you too are doing great and we should be proud that we made this life style choice.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have quite a lot to lose, and still getting used to MFP! I like to see what other people eat, so I can pick up tips, so any friend requests will be muchos appreciated!!
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For motivation, I frequent this Success Stories boards. When I find a thread that inspires me, I reply to it. When my motivation is lacking, I click up at the top where it says 'recent posts' and it finds what threads I posted on. So it brings up the threads I like.
    I also friend request people with great success so I can look at their profile pictures when I am feeling lazy.
    Welcome to the boards! When do you have to order your dress? I would find a picture of a dress that I like and post it somewhere that I would see it every day, if I were you.
  • diamondcricket
    diamondcricket Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't want to lose my Alot. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

However I do have a lot of weight to lose. Looking to lose about 100 lbs, not sure what that is in stones, sorry.

I love her blog!!
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do. And I'm in a little bit of the same boat as you (minus the pregnancy and slimming world thing) as, I've lost 50 pounds, but still have about 70 pounds to lose, and thinking about that makes me exhausted. :(
  • Jen_Chitown
    Options
    Me toooooo! I started at 280 just the start of this week. Just trying to eat better overall and lose! I'm 47 and really am starting to feel the extra pounds (or should I say person!) My issue is portion control. There is no such thing as just one, or just a little. I LOVE food. I am an awsome cook. I know I need to use my special powers for good instead of evil. LOL I need to just take things one day at a time.

Wish me luck!:flowerforyou:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    hi! I started at 380 pounds and am now under 200 pounds with 20-40 pounds to go...feel free to add me :)
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Motivation can always be given and used from/for me. I have 60lbs, maybe more, depending, to lose. You're not alone! Add me if you'd like :)
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at 462.2 pounds (209.7 Kg, 33.0 stone) and am hoping to get south of 300 pounds (136.0 Kg, 21.4 stone).

However you measure it, that's a LOT of weight!

I'm fairly new here, but I've hit the ground running (so to speak, I can barely walk due to my knees). So if you want, feel free to add me!
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose too! I started at 322 and have lost about 12 pounds in my first month. Only 160 pounds more to go. Eeek!

I agree with all the comments about the Success Stories. I read a few every day. They are so motivating and uplifting. And they make me think about where *I* will be in a year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!