Dealing with the "Sunday Guilt"

Options
2»

Replies

• tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I spend Sundays eating Sunday roast, walking the dog, batch cooking for the week and watching crap movies with my family ...no guilt

Just watched Mathew Broderick almost blow up the world in that 1980s movie where he hacks the NORAD computer system ...ahhh the Cold War...good times :smile:
    AHH! War games Haven't seen that on e in awhile Good movie! That said, If I have times (And I DO)where I Binge Eat out of stress , Boredom, WHATEVER, I do my best to let it go, And Eat/ do better at the next meal.Guilt serves no purpose except to perpetuate more guilty eating! It's a vicious cycle! If you bite it, write it, and MOVE ON. I'm like others and feel like The holidays last from Halloween thru the winter, and this severely cold winter make me just Want to hunker down and eat ALL the carbs! If you eat well most days , I Wouldn't Worry about it. Lots of great advice here. Find what works for you , be honest w yourself, and your logging, And the weight will come off again.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You got to eat less during the week to make up for it, that's pretty much the only way.

^^ this and it's what I do so no guilt for me at all :smile:
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    2 options really: eat at a deficit during the week and indulge on the weekend, or up activity on the weekend.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You could always eat less and move more. Going out with friends, see if you can go bowling or take a long walk instead of eating or meet at a restaurant in the mall and park as far away as possible.
    I take extra time for reading on the weekend and if I'm going to sit and read I can just as easily use the elliptical and read and then it's a win win situation.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I eat less during the week so I can eat out with friends and family on weekends. I plan my week out.

I DO THIS TOO....gives me something to look forward too + I do a double workout on Saturday morning before I do anything else. My weakness is good beer ;-/

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I tend to look at my diet as a whole rather than worrying about a specific day or meal...and most certainly I do not let food make me feel guilty.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i splurge a lot on the weekends, with food AND alcohol. I seem to still be maintaining okay on a weekly basis. I try to keep my daily calories during the week around 1900. It's pretty cool i can eat that much during the week, and really f'ing eat and drink on the weekends, and still be at a comfy weight :happy:

so, yeah, don't beat yourself up about playing on the weekends. just monitor your weight and if it's having a detrimental affect, then yeah reel it in.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    My mantra every day but especially on my days off:

If it is important you will find a way,
    If not you will find an excuse!

Then if that does not do the trick:

Too many trade what they want for what they want now.

^^Love this. Thanks!