Aerial: Silks and hoops and other - how do you log it, and can we be friends?

Options
hello :)

I took my first aerial class Thursday - it kicked my *kitten* so freaking hard, with a DOMS like never before, and I was in LOOOOOooove. So today I went back and am already seeing basic progress as I am pretty pants :( and three stone overweight probably.

Anyway, where you you flying, flexy, sexy people log this?

Also can I be friends with you too - I am super interested if you started out like me and got awesome-r as time went by and maybe had a channel or vids?

I wanna see cool aerially stuff.

I like this sport (obvs), vintage, drink a lot of tea, do gymnastics flexibility things, bit of yoga, like owls, foxes, butterflies, cats, comics, Marvel and DC stuff, others too... I post loads too.

Replies

• chaitrex
    chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't done aerial but I want to....I can tell you that regular yoga usually whips me into shape after I've fallen out of it. So we can be yogi friends if you want!
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I will add you :)
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't log it and just think of it as a little bonus on the scale. Sometimes I drink a little bit of orange juice during class along with water and sometimes I won't log that either. I figure they cancel each other out a bit :)
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late to this, but I started aerial silks 5 weeks ago and I love it! I haven't figured out how to log it either, but I've been using "aerobics" (which is incorrect) on the Fitbit. I might change it to "strength training" as that feels more accurate.

I'll send a FR on here.
  • hanajbanana
    hanajbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been logging just as gymnastics for lyra, but that's a complete guess. I've been doing it for around eight months and love it :-) great for arms and core!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I do aerial yoga and I've found internet estimates to be between 300-400 calories.