Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Loving digital scales and counting calories! It's a numbers game!

I love games and loosing weight is a numbers game! Calories in Fro food and exercise calories= loss or gain or stay the same!

Replies

• margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Read about your body. Get educated about how your organs work and what they do. Make it your priority
  • margolinville
    Information about your body! Education about your body! Liver, kidneys, pancreas... They all use food
  • margolinville
    Look at your body from the inside! Get educated about what it looks like! Organs, muscles, bone.
    This uses food only! We are organic! Read, learn!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Knowledge is power.

Having fun with the numbers game is important - it's been a big part of my losing 60 of the 90 pounds I want to lose, and I expect it to be a big part of weight maintenance.

Left to my own whims, I would probably take in 1800-2400 calories a day if I actually indulged all of my "I like the taste of this" wants; food logging (including calorie count and portion control) help me keep my usual intake to about 1300 calories/day which is much better for the weight I want to achieve and maintain, the minimal daily burn I achieve through my generally sedentary life (although I am also learning to work in more activity).

The nutrient content and satiety factors are also important pieces of the picture.

It is possible to come in under the calorie goal, and still have a diet which is likely not long term sustainable and/or long term not healthy. Sure, you can live on 1300 calories of twinkies and a daily multi-vitamin, but I don't exactly recommend it. :)

Your decision on your needs as to fats, carbs, sugar, sodium, protein all need to be factored in.

High nutrient/low calorie foods allow you a lot of food (and nutrition) for a low calorie count. I've worked hard to find the few items of produce I really like and to work them in to my daily diet - something that would probably go rapidly by the wayside if I didn't embrace the numbers game as a lifelong weight maintenance tool.
  • margolinville
    Lost 10 lbs so far counting calories with myfitnesspal! Every seven days the scale reads 1 pound less. Just keep calories counted A Numbers Game!
  • margolinville
    Lost 10 lbs so far counting calories with myfitnesspal! Every seven days the scale reads 1 pound less. Just keep calories counted A Numbers Game!

We are in agreement! We play the numbers game rules and win every time! The reward is a beautiful body, wear great looking clothes! And great heath!!!
  • margolinville
    Knowledge is power.

Having fun with the numbers game is important - it's been a big part of my losing 60 of the 90 pounds I want to lose, and I expect it to be a big part of weight maintenance.

Left to my own whims, I would probably take in 1800-2400 calories a day if I actually indulged all of my "I like the taste of this" wants; food logging (including calorie count and portion control) help me keep my usual intake to about 1300 calories/day which is much better for the weight I want to achieve and maintain, the minimal daily burn I achieve through my generally sedentary life (although I am also learning to work in more activity).

The nutrient content and satiety factors are also important pieces of the picture.

It is possible to come in under the calorie goal, and still have a diet which is likely not long term sustainable and/or long term not healthy. Sure, you can live on 1300 calories of twinkies and a daily multi-vitamin, but I don't exactly recommend it. :)

Your decision on your needs as to fats, carbs, sugar, sodium, protein all need to be factored in.

High nutrient/low calorie foods allow you a lot of food (and nutrition) for a low calorie count. I've worked hard to find the few items of produce I really like and to work them in to my daily diet - something that would probably go rapidly by the wayside if I didn't embrace the numbers game as a lifelong weight maintenance tool.

We are in agreement! We play the numbers game rules and win every time! The reward is a beautiful body, wear great looking clothes! And great heath!!!
  • margolinville
    The processed food and restaurants food is so packed full of calories.
    We have to play the numbers game to stay healthy!
  • margolinville
    Don't let your tastebuds and your brain ruin your body. Your stomach processes food or stores it as fat.. Tell your brain what to think and how to think. It's a computer it needs good information
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!
  • margolinville
    Hey! I like eating light for breakfast Slimfast, Lunch small sandwich and fruit, carrots.
    At dinner I have 700-800 calories left. On a 1380 calories diet! No snacks. Losing a pound a week!
  • margolinville
    Just for fun, It's amazing I weigh myself before bed after eating dinner of course I am heavier because I just ate .. and in the morning some times I'm 1 or two pound lighter!
    What makes the real difference is the weight loss number after 6 days. FUN with Digital Scales!!
  • margolinville
    Knowledge is power.

• margolinville
    .It's your brain. Change the way you think about food and get your mind working with your body, not against it, and you can loose weight!
  • margolinville
    I eat everyday so I weigh myself everyday. I am going to do this forever so I will always know what I weigh.
  • margolinville
    Weigh yourself every morning! The digital scale is a great motivator and friend for life!