Low calorie snack ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I snack throughout the day rather than eat set meals also. Fruit, nuts and veggies covers most of mine, but also roasted garbanzos. Rinse a can, pat dry and wipe off the skins to keep from exploding in the oven. Drizzle with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until crunchy. Season as you like. I'm not a big fan of garbanzos, but these are really good and not pasty. I take a hard boiled egg to work 2 or 3 times a week. I am a big fan of Genovo Tonno (Tuna) in olive oil. I get the 3 oz pop top cans by the case from Amazon and per ounce it is as inexpensive as, or less than, the cheap Bumblebee and Chicken of the Sea foil packages and tastes ooohhh sooo much better. I keep some spices in a desk drawer, sprinkle some on top and eat out of the can at my desk. Plus it doesn't have a strong odor, so I get no complaints from my co-workers. Most store bought jerky is too high in sodium for me, but you can make your own in a slow oven. Use the leanest cut of meat you can find and trim off the fat.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers string cheese- only 50 calories. I always bring it to work just in case im craving something
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Apart from apples, i freeze grapes, weight watchers fromage frais yoghurts. They're lovely. Also Whitworths range of choc/dried fruit or nuts vary between 59 cals to 89. Very nice.