what are your victories in resisting binging?

Options
I thought it would be nice to hear of times when we have been victorious over urges to binge.

This Wednesday evening i was 90% of the way there to binging on a big batch of homemade popcorn which i drench in real butter. I even went to the cupboard to check on how many kernels i had left. But i managed to resist and the next day my heart was light.

During a previous diet, i narrowly escaped binging on chips. There is a little store in my condo building where junk food is all-too-available. The desire for chips reared up in me and i dressed and went out to the elevator to go down and get some. I managed to change my mind and came back home and was so glad.

Have you had similar moments?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my days to avoid this.
  • mwm158
    mwm158 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Six weeks ago I was working overtime and I took a look at the company snack store. There were candy bars of every type, chips, cookies, muffins, sugary candies, and so much more. I had been trying to get back into eating healthy after the holidays. This place looked like heaven. I was so close to diving in, until I determined how big of a ripoff it'd be to binge this way. It would have been expensive, and I'm cheap. So I walked away. Who said being a miser never helped anyone?
  • rockrosie
    rockrosie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I am out of the house without kids or husband I will sometimes stop somewhere "special" either a convenience store for candy, a coffee shop for a big sugary drink, or an ice cream shop. The other day I was out and thought about stopping for Oreos- my absolute #1 binge food- and I didn't. I would have eaten all of them in a day or two.
  • kissme1031
    Options
    binging what can I say to that. my biggest problem is I will crave something and if I don't eat that particular craving I will eat anything and everything else in our house. I have learned over the years to first of all get rid of a lot of the high calorie sugary made with corn syrup snacks and high carbs after a while your body does get used to not having them. My husband and I have found more nutritious snacks to have in our house on a regular basis my husband has found that dry figs are his favorite there a hundred percent sun dried figs nothing added and they will definitely curb any sweet tooth.
    if I'm still craving a particular item then I will usually run to the store and take a look at the nutrition value that alone makes me want to put it that back on the shelf. Or sometimes I take a little a little bite size piece and put the rest away for another day.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to Disneyland, and I didn't eat all the churros like I intended to.
  • Cappy29
    Cappy29 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat more protein which makes me more full. So, I've been able to control binges.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    While grocery shopping I was lingering near the baking items wanting to buy some cake frosting to eat from the jar. I walked away instead, surprising myself... I think my hubby was disappointed because he wanted to eat frosting too. :#