Different Questions for me?

Options
First of all I just started back Wednesday February 18, 2015. YAH ME!!

I am drinking enough water and cheated on my weigh day it is tomorrow and I weighed today and am down 5 pounds BUT I feel like I am bloated and gained weight. Why is this.

Next question:

I am 5'7
220pounds

To loose weight at 2 pounds a week or 1.5 pounds a week my calorie count is 1200. But my friend suggested 1500 and I lost 5 pounds. I know probably all water BUT any other sites I look at they suggested 1700 calories. With very light during the day (office job)

So I am confused I don't want to starve myself. So I changed it to .5 a week and now I am at 1610 and BUT seriously I want to lost 1 - 1.5 pounds a week.
Oh ya walking 1/2 hour 6 times a week

HELP ME UNDERSTAND please!!!!!!

Swoopette

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You lost 5lbs in 4 days? But feel like you gained weight? I'm confused about this question....5lbs is too much to lose in 4 days.

As for the calories you should be eating WAY more than 1200 calories. More like 1800 to lose 1lb per week. MFP had me eating 1800 when I was at 210-220 and 5'8. Of course I am 24, idk how old you are. But you should be eating more than 1200. Are you sure you entered info into MFP correctly?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Other sites tend to include exercise. MFP does not. They expect you to log the exercise and eat those calories back which usually puts you in about the same place.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This site has been glitchy
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well tomorrow will tell me tomorrow how much I actually lost. But it could be all water. Maybe I just feel like I am heavier cause I am bloated from the change to drinking water vrs coke.

Ya i entered it correctly I went back a few times and double checked. I am 44 years old so not young like you :smiley:

I have been eating 1500 but just changed it to 1610