I need help with my food plan for tomorrow.

Options
If you check out my diary, you can see I'm on sort of a binge/restrict cycle and I want that to end.

If I give you guys a list of some food I have in the house could you make a plan for me of what a normal day might look like? I want to see if I can follow the plan you guys give me tomorrow..

-Oranges
-Apples
-chicken
-pork
-potatoes
-carrots
-Items for a salad
-Cereal (Special k chocolatey delight, cheerios)
-Wheat bread
-Light butter
-Yogurt
-Granola bars
-peaches
-soup
-Gram crackers
-Italian ice
-Popsicle
-chips
-poptarts
-Chicken patty
-Brown Rice
-Green beans
That's all I can think of right now..I really want to recover and need help guys =/

Replies

• Fabulous_Fit
    Options
    Hi! I used to severly struggle with that, recently, however, through God's help I am slowly recovering!! If I were you...
    I would eat...

Breakfast- a yogurt, peach, and maybe granola bar, or some form of graham crackers.
    Snack- an apple or orange.
    Lunch- salad with carrots and chicken and a side of brown rice.
    Snack- I would have a bowl of special k chocolate cereal, because midafternoon my cravings are wild.
    Dinner- Soup with light butter and toast on the side and maybe a piece of fruit.
    Snack- Pick one poptart, italian ice, or chips as a treat!

This is what I would do, but again, everyone is different :)Good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Edit: Wait, binge/restrict. Do you mean you have an eating disorder?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should look for programs they plan out meals to join. Or contact a registered dietitian?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Eat a combination of the above in whatever combination gets you to your calories.

Leave the sugary things for last: you get more nutrition from the meats and vegetables, dairy, bread, rice, and fruit.
  • Body_Peace
    Body_Peace Posts: 82
    Options

Yes, but I am trying to recover from it that's why I joined this site.
  • Body_Peace
    Body_Peace Posts: 82
    Options
    Eat a combination of the above in whatever combination gets you to your calories.

Leave the sugary things for last: you get more nutrition from the meats and vegetables, dairy, bread, rice, and fruit.

Okay...I'll try...thank you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yes, but I am trying to recover from it that's why I joined this site.

Maybe talk with your counselor to see if they can recommend a dietitian.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 cup Special K Chocolaty Delight with 0.5-1 cup milk

Morning Snack: Orange

Lunch: 1 cup cooked chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 0.5 cup green beans sauteed in that light butter

Afternoon Snack: Yogurt, Graham cracker

Dinner: Salad with carrots

This will get you over 1000 calories while staying in your macros. If you can eat more, go ahead and make the servings a bit bigger! You have a couple hundred calories to play with.. If you really feel like you can't eat it all at once... don't make yourself. Work up to eating a regular diet like this. I don't want you to feel the need to purge or go super restrictive tomorrow. Keep an open mind. Substitute as needed and don't let the numbers freak you out. Just keep trying!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Well, lets see. If this were my kitchen, I would have the special K cereal and milk for breakfast and maybe a slice of buttered wheat toast. Lunch would be the salad with apple chunks in it. The chicken patty, brown rice and green beans sounds good for supper. The graham crackers and yogurt for snack. That would work for me.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - yogurt & peaches
    Snack - granola bar
    Lunch - soup & salad
    Snack - apple
    Dinner - pork, brown rice, green beans
    Snack - italian ice or popsicle

If that's too many cals (depending on the brands), I would lose the evening snack.