Skeleton on Top - Elephant on the Bottom? Please Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Keep losing then.

Nope, not for pears who've reached the low end of their BMI. There is nothing pear-shaped women can do about fat distribution. Encouraging further loss is going into losing your period territory.

That was in response to the OP saying she didn't have broad hips (came across as a bit miffed that herrspoons suggested she had them)
    SiennaL wrote: »
    I don't have broad hips. There is just alot of fat around my thighs. I know under it, lies the legs I bloody want lol

I agree with others who've asked for a picture. Just with your height and weight, you're at a normal BMI, so you might try a body recomp.

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I still had big hips at 98lbs at 5'4. It is just facts of life for me. I had no *kitten* but, my hips were just all sorts of huge.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »
    I still had big hips at 98lbs at 5'4. It is just facts of life for me. I had no *kitten* but, my hips were just all sorts of huge.

And what there the measurements of your hips at 5'4" and 98 lbs?
  • ForeverSunshine09
    Options
    I don't know. I wore a size zero but, it was a struggle to get over my hips. My boyfriend at the time always said my hips were very deceiving compared to the rest of me. I never said 98 lbs was healthy I waa very very sick at the time and threw up on a daily basis because of it.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're no longer sick, AmberSue.

I really wish more women were able to feel good about their shapes.

Here's a funny thing, what changed my mind about my pear/rulerness, was going to a bar when I was in my early 20s, and seeing this bartender with a figure kind of similar to mine, but with much more exaggerated proportions, wearing a cool-looking tube dress, with a Vidal Sassoon bob-type haircut and fluorescent makeup. Gave not one f***. Just worked the bar, looking totally easy and comfortable in her body. I have no idea what her bf% would have been - back then, I'd have called her "toned", but she definitely had hips and thighs and whatever else. She looked fantastic. And I thought, if she can get away with being awesome and feeling good about herself and making tips off that, even with her hips and legs and whatever else, I've got a right to do that too.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »
    I don't know. I wore a size zero but, it was a struggle to get over my hips. My boyfriend at the time always said my hips were very deceiving compared to the rest of me. I never said 98 lbs was healthy I waa very very sick at the time and threw up on a daily basis because of it.

I hope you are doing better!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    Options
    It is under control as of the moment. Which because I didn't change my eating habits gained quite a bit of weight.