I took a look at my Driver's License .....

Options
I've never really looked at it, but the other day at the gas station I was carded.
The woman says to me, "Wow. You've lost weight!".. That perked me up big time, which is what I was needing. It's incredible that a single comment from a stranger can change your whole attitude.

I got home, and I took a look at my license, then looked at myself in the mirror.. I've lost a lot in my face, and stomach..
I've lost a total of 26 lbs on this website so far, and it feels amazing..

I'm a man of pride, so it takes a lot of steel to say that I got teary eyed.. As a kid I was the big kid who got made fun of by heartless ruthless kids who obviously didn't know any better.. Funny how it continues up until High School, if you're lucky enough to have it end there.. Now to know that I'm doing something about my body, and changing for the better.. It's just amazing.

I don't have any pictures today, but I do have a positive attitude and a determination to reach my goals regardless of the obstacles and challenges that lay ahead.

If you took the time to read this, thank you.. It feels good to have people that will listen.

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    YEAH! how is that for an amazing NSV!!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'll be excited when that day comes for me too. I always like to hear someone mention how they've noticed something good I've done. Really, good for you! Don't thank us for reading, thank YOU for posting:smile:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I got my license renewed a few years ago. My weight on there was 300 pounds. Ugh. The lady asked me if I needed to update anything. Before I could answer, she says with a smile, "Weight, right?" Oh yeah - to 235.
  • LostInHollyw00d
    Options
    Thank you all!

@Valerie that had to be a great feeling lol
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That is bad *kitten*. And with your good attitude and determination I see maaany more moments like that for you! Rock On!
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats! It feels so good when people, even strangers, notice things like that.

I got a new license in February and I *think* you can tell a bit of a difference. The side by side is in my photos.

BTW, how is being away from FB going? I thought about your post all night. I just think I need to do the same.
  • smoootka
    smoootka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know right?? Makes your day! When others notice it's a WOW moment you never want to end. When family and close friends notice it's even better, at least for me. Usually, because they see you every day, they are the last to notice (if you don't say something about it yourself).
    I've had some people who haven't seen me in a while say something nice and boy oh boy it was an amazing feeling! Kinda addicting. Kinda making you wanna go for more just to hear more comments that make your heart sing and your eyes water :))

The other day my boyfriend woke me up with "wakey wakey you skinny b*tch" LOL :laugh: Any other scenario, I'd slap him silly, but somehow at that moment, it was one of the loveliest things I have ever heard :blushing: :laugh: Me, skinny? Tell me more :bigsmile:
  • LostInHollyw00d
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats! It feels so good when people, even strangers, notice things like that.

I got a new license in February and I *think* you can tell a bit of a difference. The side by side is in my photos.

BTW, how is being away from FB going? I thought about your post all night. I just think I need to do the same.

I can definitely tell. How YOU doin'? lol

It's going okay.. It has it's good moments, then it's utterly depressing moments, considering I severed ties with every single one of my friends and now I have 1 person in my life, but life gets better. I hope. It has to.

@Riot, Hell yeah! Diggin' that guitar, too.

@Smootka
    Lol that is perfect. Wakey Wakey you skinny *****.. Insulting in a sense, but motivational.. I can dig that.
  • smoootka
    Options
    Obviously, so can I. We're still together :laugh:

Wishing you many more awesome compliments! :wink:
  • mommy2maddox
    Options
    I know a few people that I've met over the years that have severed ties with everyone in their lives and they were doing wonderfully. The good news is that there are plenty of other people to meet. I just moved from Denver to Phoenix and I promised myself that I wasn't going to attach myself to any new friends in short time like I did in Denver. I figure that if I meet someone and they like me and vice versa, it isn't going to take the work and heartache it took for some of those past friendships. I am also just fine having a couple of friends. I don't want anyone fake in my life and I don't want people that aren't understanding. I have a family and I need to focus on taking care of us and if people want to be a part of our lives, great. I not, hasta la vista, baby. This is YOUR life. You live it the way you see fit. :)
  • smoootka
    Options
    One true friend is more than enough. Better than 100 fake ones. But basically, to succeed you only need yourself. You're the one behind the wheel. And with the help of an awesome community on here, you can do it. We can do it together! On here, you're never really alone!:)
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great NSV....better yet that it touched you in such a way that is gonna keep you stoked to keep going :)
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Awesome must feel so good! Anytime I have to show mine I am secretly hoping they say " this is not u" but never happens.

I have a picture posted on my profile of my license picture, take a look don't I look different? It's the one with the blue background
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    haha, that actually happened to me today ! I was dealing with a bylaw officer and he asked to see my drivers licence and looked at my very puzzled ( almost like I was producing a fake) and he said " have you lost like, alot of weight??)

Made my day!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, definitely a great booster for you and your hard work!

I was the same way, throughout university too. Just taking the time now to improve myself and hopefully gain more self-confidence. I can't wait until my work is more noticeable to others... My passport picture is pretty horrible ><
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That is definitely a NSV! :D You should be really proud of the progress you have made so far!
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. Nice NSV. :smile:
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I can understand that compliment from a total stranger boosting you up!!!!

You have come a long way. Keep smiling and keep going.
  • mommy2maddox
    Options
    Oops! can't delete this.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    First, I would have felt good just being carded. :laugh:

But seriously, you have to feel good about that. You don't ever think about your driver's license being a great "before" picture.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!