Gaining Weight - Recipes/Tips/Exercises

Options
my goal is to become thick & toned, but I need some help.. The parts I really wanna thicken is my thighs and glutes mfp-3qdb4ddn0d9c.jpg
en.vanillaforums.com/editor/rz/wzcww69l5byw.jpg
help.4jm5ctx83pv3.jpg
Today is the start of my 2nd week trying to bulk.
I usually don't eat big meals, so it was hard trying to force myself to eat but I think step by step I'll be able to.

I'm working out at home, so if anyone has any suggestions on exercises to help me reach my goal :)

The thing I'm struggling with the most is food!
I try to eat every 2-3 hours, but I noticed the recipes for lunch are similar to dinner, eg rice, chicken..

I have no idea what Im doing!
Pls share any recipes that might help me gain weight.

How long would it take until I see results?

Heres a pic of what I'm trying to go for..zngg3lbphts7.jpg

Replies

• natifante
    Options
    Squats squats squats, add lunges with weights to put more emphasis on glutes and thighs, and jumping jacks and planks to help with overall muscle tone and abs, all of these are great to do at home. As far as food, include plenty protein in your diet, I like to make smoothies with protein powder every other day on my exercising days. But always give yourself rest days because if you do these workouts everyday you'll overwork your muscles and end up losing weight. Your muscles need time to recuperate to thicken and relax. I'd say if you do these exercises about 30 minutes to an 90 minutes a day, maybe 3 days a week and eat healthy you'll have results in just a few months
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    Do you think my routine is ok? Should I make any changes?
    Monday - Upper Body
    Tuesday - Lower Body
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Upper Body
    Friday - Lower
    Sun&Sat - Rest
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I do an upper/lower split using Wendler's 5/3/1 as my base.

Specifically for lower body, here are my two days:

5/3/1 DL
    Hip thrusts
    Front squats
    Calf raises

5/3/1 Squats
    DL
    Step ups
    Curtsey lunges
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What kind of equipment do you have at home? Are you following a lifting program at the moment? There are many great ones out there, I just completed a 20 week bulk doing Strong Curves (Gorgeous glutes program) and I was very pleased with the results.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    I have weights + plates.
    no, I can't find a program as most of these are for weight loss
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    I have weights + plates.

Huh? Weight loss/gain is about caloric deficit/surplus, not about the lifting program.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    I have weights + plates.

Huh? Weight loss/gain is about caloric deficit/surplus, not about the lifting program.

So is my routine ok? Do you know how long it might take until I see results?

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have weights + plates.

Beyond upper and lower body, you haven't said what your routine is, so it's hard to judge if it's adequate or not. I'd recommend a tried and true program over something you came up with; there are lots of options.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I have weights + plates.

Beyond upper and lower body, you haven't said what your routine is, so it's hard to judge if it's adequate or not. I'd recommend a tried and true program over something you came up with; there are lots of options.
    b1ae9c54xo4i.jpg

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    maybe you should not base how you want to look off pictures from the internet...

to answer your question ...eat in surplus, lift progressively heavier things, and hit your macros and micros..

repeat until you look like said internet models...
  • s_hossein
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    maybe you should not base how you want to look off pictures from the internet...

to answer your question ...eat in surplus, lift progressively heavier things, and hit your macros and micros..

repeat until you look like said internet models...
    Thanks. I used them as examples only :)