Strength training and fat loss?

Options
Hi everyone,

I've already lost about 17 pounds and only want to lose a few more. All I did mostly to lose that was cardio and very very minimal strength training (not much at all). I'm kinda bored of cardio and wanna do strength training. I've been doing it for the last few days and have been really enjoying it. I still want to lose fat so was wondering whether I can lose my excess fat doing JUST strength training. I know I may not appear to have lost anything on the scale, but that won't bother me as long as I see a difference in the mirror. So what do you guys think?

Thanks

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. Look into stronglifts 5x5's.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Strength training while in a calorie deficit makes sure you're losing fat instead of both fat and muscle. You'll still have the water retention at first, but don't let it bother you. Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, and NROLFW (if you're female) are excellent beginner routines.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed. My scale broke and I don't even care.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm doing a slow recomp (eat at maintenance and lift) and I'm getting tinier and stronger.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    For sure. Strength training has been the biggest part of my training program, even during the time I dropped my 64 lbs. Have a good plan that is fast-paced and push it.