1200 Daily Calorie

2»

Replies

• margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    nylcaj8410 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.....

My daily calorie intake max is 1200 calories. I am looking for support and motivation help... I do have motivation but I am looking for food ideas and what not.... I feel but like literally 2pm I am already at 550 calories remaing for the day.... I am eating extremely healthy but I feel like I have nothing left for the rest of the day.....what are some healthy LOW calorie snack ideas??? I also struggle with what to have for dinner everynight.... any ideas to keep me on track???

I do exercise, 6 times a week doing instanity so I am burning roughly 230-300 calories a workout.

Thanks for the help!

The only snack I eat is 8 ounce diet soda! Which is 0 calories! I eat 3 meals a day and I feel fine!
    Don't exercise to loose weight! Eat correctly to loose weight.
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Make your first meal of the day the biggest and your last meal of the day the smallest. Eat most of your carbs in the first half of the day and higher fats / protein in the second half.

Goodluck!

Hey! I like eating light for breakfast Slimfast, Lunch small sandwich and fruit, carrots.
    At dinner I have 700-800 calories left. On a 1380 calories diet! No snacks. Losing a pound a week!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!

You say the same thing every time you post, is that all you have to say??

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?
    She's quoting somebody else so my guess would be no.

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    My two cents about the "oh my gosh 1200 calories is the bare minimum !"

On this forum, every time someone mentions in a post eating 1200 per day, there is a bunch of folks saying: "you don't need to starve yourself like that. Proof: I did lose by eating more".

My advice: try and see what works FOR YOU. There are people who cannot lose if they eat more than 1200 (and no, not all idiots who don't know how to measure their food). Or some will lose by eating a bit more (like 1400), but they'll lose so slowly (i.e. one pound per month) that they get discouraged, and give up. That's my case, personally.

Also I prefer to feel a little more hunger everyday, but for a shorter period of time. I also prefer feeling hunger instead of having to spend a large amount of my free time working out. I don't like sport and exercise. I do it because of my health, but if there was a magic "fitness pill", I'd buy it by the gallon.

Again, it is a personal choice.

You may try to increase the calories, of course. If you can lose comfortably at 1400 cals per day, heck, why not !! But there is nothing like empirical study. Try it for yourself.

Edited to add: low cal snacks? Surprisingly, eggs are not bad at all. A medium size hard boiled egg , with a large cup of herbal tea, makes a good afternoon snack. And greek yogurt as well. Some are really low on calories and I find them quite filling. Plus they feel like dessert.

OP has a TDEE of around 1900 calories and is complaining about running out of calories when aiming for 1200 intake max (so I read that as about an 800 net).

Per the OP, this isn't working out very well, so we're doing the math for them and letting them know they can eat more during the day and still achieve weight loss in a more comfortable manor, as they state they're having a hard time with 1200.

I could be wrong though, they could be aiming for 1200 net....I don't know for sure. I've asked twice if it's 1200 net or gross but haven't received an answer yet.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    i will gladly add you as a friend.. i am 149 5ft 1 and on 1200 cals per day i am doing focus t25 and burn roughly 150-300 cals . popcorn is a winner and high protein snacks i find fill me up so i dont want to eat all day.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!

You say the same thing every time you post, is that all you have to say??

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?
    She's quoting somebody else so my guess would be no.

Correct!! I quoted who I was speaking to.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    im 5'5 right now 131

I'm confused. Why are you trying to lose weight? *scratches head* If you want to tone up then focus on toning up. Lift weight, don't lose weight. You don't need to lose any weight.

• nylcaj8410
    nylcaj8410 Posts: 22 Member
    im 5'5 right now 131

I'm confused. Why are you trying to lose weight? *scratches head* If you want to tone up then focus on toning up. Lift weight, don't lose weight. You don't need to lose any weight.

Lisa I want to be back where I was at 115 since being with my bf we starting eating crappy and I gained weight and I'm really not happy with it
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    A few idea's
    we buy soda water and add the calorie free water flavours tastes like pop but no calories
    Soup can be a very low calorie meal
    Look up roast lemon garlic broccoli low cal and tastes great
    popcorn can be light snack if you stay away from microwave bag popcorn
    We have a microwave popcorn dish that you can pop it in with no oil
    I've never been a big veg lover but I discovered dipping them in Frank's thick hot sauce makes then taste like chicken wings
    I've been doing MFP for a while so if you tell what foods you like I might be able to offer a few more suggestions
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Been there... tried that 1200 calorie thing. Its not a place that you want to be! Ask yourself "Do I want to literally be starving every day?". Eating less is not necessarily better. Now I'm eating nearly 2000 calories a day and losing weight and I'm only 5'1"! Maybe you won't die from eating 1200 a day but that doesn't mean that its good for you. If you could eat several hundred calories more and still lose weight then why on earth wouldn't you?
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member

The only snack I eat is 8 ounce diet soda! Which is 0 calories! I eat 3 meals a day and I feel fine!
    Don't exercise to loose weight! Eat correctly to loose weight.

You should exercise if you want to eat more ... It gives you some wiggle room...

Pretzels with laughing cow cheese I love to snack on and about 100-150cals if you want to try IF and not eat breakfast then you have more for lunch and dinner or if you want to have a smoothie, if you are hungrier at night then it's better to save those cals for night instead of trying to intake your breakfast.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Been there... tried that 1200 calorie thing. Its not a place that you want to be! Ask yourself "Do I want to literally be starving every day?". Eating less is not necessarily better. Now I'm eating nearly 2000 calories a day and losing weight and I'm only 5'1"! Maybe you won't die from eating 1200 a day but that doesn't mean that its good for you. If you could eat several hundred calories more and still lose weight then why on earth wouldn't you?

This and I am 5'2.