mfp and fitbit

Options
HI there, I recently got a Fitbit and still trying to figure out it. My question is because it syncs it says I have already done exercise (went for a walk this am). Does this mean I do not need to report it on myfitnesspal. IN my exercise area it says fitbit adjustment, I don't want to report the exercise twice. Tried to post this in the tech area but it says I do not have permission to do so

Replies

• Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you're walking or running you don't have to log it in MFP since FB does it well; if you're doing some other kind of cardio (cycling etc.) log that with the start time and duration since FB doesn't track those well and it will remove the FB adjustment for that time period in lieu of what you say the other cardio burn was.
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So don't report my morning walk fitbit already has. :-) thank you so much
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope. All of your step-based activity will come over from Fitbit, so you don't need to record it as exercise.
  • beachbebe
    beachbebe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get a choice to pick a free fit bit one (Clip on) or fit bit flex (wrist band). I don't want a tan line on my wrist and leaning toward Clip model. Any feedback here?
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have the flex, and I got mine free, lol so No complaints from me
  • meegun1
    meegun1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you I was wondering the same thing. So if you are doing interval training or lifting weights you need to log that in mfp or just time duration on fitbit. Correct? sorry just wanting to make sure I understand correctly.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    meegun1 wrote: »
    Thank you I was wondering the same thing. So if you are doing interval training or lifting weights you need to log that in mfp or just time duration on fitbit. Correct? sorry just wanting to make sure I understand correctly.

only log your non step based exercises, and only log them on MFP. If you do an exercise that isn't actually step based but you get step credit for it (like my water aerobics class), make sure you log it into MFP and are accurate as to your starting time and duration. It will then override any step credits you get so you do not get double credit.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    beachbebe wrote: »
    I get a choice to pick a free fit bit one (Clip on) or fit bit flex (wrist band). I don't want a tan line on my wrist and leaning toward Clip model. Any feedback here?

I have the Flex because it is the only model that can be worn in water.

• Gd001
    Gd001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    beachbebe wrote: »

I have the fitbit one. it works amazing. the clip is really rugged
  • 24Gordonfan
    24Gordonfan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the One and works well. Really like it.
  • zumbagirljune12
    Options
    how do I change the settings in mfp to sedentary?