Protein powder help and ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If the liquid is too hot it denatures the protein - google it. Once denatured it won't dissolve but just globs up. I use warm water and Kaizen natural whey....yum.
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've used a lot of them, flavor wise I prefer the 8-ball hpc3 vanilla swirl, but dissolving wise I haven't found anything that works as well as the whey made by isopure and it tastes good as well.
  • enrique
    enrique Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've found Trutein to be the best option for me. Solid Marcos, flavor is on point, and priced right.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I just switched out my protein powder today for ISO Natural Whey - 27gs of Protein per scoop and a great ingredient profile, no Sucralose - and all natural ingredients.

Here's a review from bodybuilding.com: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/natural.html

Another option is to try this one: http://www.mynaturalforce.com/products/organic-whey-protein

This one would require shipping - unsure on the locations to pick up.

I have to admit - I screwed up buying 1st Phorm - my bad.
  • nharr002
    nharr002 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like both Vega One and Vega Sport. I put that in my blender bottle with water. Shake it up, and you're good to go.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, plain non fat greek yogurt and a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I drink Quest, which I know can be expensive). Put it all in a shaker cup. Shake. Enjoy (:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I now have some new brands on my list to try, and some new ways of fixing it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You can also add cottage cheese, raw eggs or Greek yogurt etc to up the protein content
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My current favorite is PHD Diet Protein Belgian Chocolate.
    My blender makes short work of anything I put in it, so I like to get inventive with my protein!

One of my favorite protein recipes for a pre-workout on a cold morning is a Protein chocolate cake!

2 Scoops Protein, 180ml skimmed milk, 20g peanut butter (optional)
    Blend together, pour into a microwavable bowl.. microwave for two to three minutes then once hardened run a knife around the edge to loosen it.
    Transfer to another plate/bowl to cool (or as warm as you like to eat it!!)

(pictured below, mine from this morning)
    IMG_20150223_052907.jpg
    IMG_20150223_053049.jpg

Have a great day!

Adam
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Adam2k10 wrote: »
    My blender makes short work of anything I put in it, so I like to get inventive with my protein!

One of my favorite protein recipes for a pre-workout on a cold morning is a Protein chocolate cake!

Blend together, pour into a microwavable bowl.. microwave for two to three minutes then once hardened run a knife around the edge to loosen it.

IMG_20150223_052907.jpg
    IMG_20150223_053049.jpg

Have a great day!

Adam

Omg that looks delicious and yummy. I'm definitely going to try it!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I love my Biochem Natural Flavor whey protein. It is has virtually no taste and mixes amazing with just a shaker. It is also hormone and GMO free. Pretty "clean" for a protein powder and not too expensive. I either put it in a green smoothie (spinach, banana and flax seed) or just mix it with chocolate almond milk.

I'll also plug its only 90 calories and 0 sugar for 20g protein ;) looove it!
  • annasteen13
    annasteen13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Cellucor confetti cake protein powder! You can seriously put it in just about anything and it's delish! Try mixing it with a few tbsp of egg whites a tbsp of gluten free flour and some almond milk, heat up a skillet and make a pancake with it. Then top it with walden farms pancake syrup and light cool whip... seriously amazing! And all together about 300 calories! You can use less flour and more protein powder if you want too!
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wildtxn wrote: »
    I've used a lot of them, flavor wise I prefer the 8-ball hpc3 vanilla swirl, but dissolving wise I haven't found anything that works as well as the whey made by isopure and it tastes good as well.

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I use the Jay Robb brand. Vitamin Shoppe and Krogers carry it. No sugar, low carb and two kinds available, egg and whey. 24grams of protein and VERY tasty. I use either unsweetened coconut or almond milk, and will add either fruit or powdered peanut butter (all the taste way less fat). If I blend with ice it really does taste like a fast food shake.
    I understand the posts about rather "chewing calories", but for me when I'm running out the door it's the best breakfast.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Adam2k10 wrote: »

Have a great day!

Adam

This looks fantastic! I'm definitely going to have to try. Thanks!