Well, I'm back

Options
About 2 years ago, I started using MFP every day. I tracked everything I ate, exercised nearly every day, and so forth. I lost a bit of weight and my body was definitely in better shape. Dropped several pants sizes and so forth.

However, after about 7 months, I slowly started to move away from it. First, just stopped tracking everything, then began eating more and more, and so forth. I really hated what I was eating to lose the weight, so that didn't help...it was very easy to move away from those foods since I did not enjoy them at all.

Now, I have gained back everything I lost, plus an extra 25 lbs or so. I feel disgusting, my body hurts, and I'm clearly putting myself at risk. I'd never gotten to a healthy weight so packing these extra pounds on is extremely dangerous health-wise.

For the past 2 months, I've been saying I'll start tracking again. But every day I think, oh, but I want to have _____ one last time before I start. This is ridiculous. TODAY I FINALLY just bit the bullet and measured my breakfast.

I fully expect to go over goal the next few days, but beginning the tracking is the first step, right? Hopefully I can shed some of this excess.

Replies

• MelFallesen
    MelFallesen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First of all, good for you! Deciding to start all over is a great step, and a very difficult one.

I've been there, and I too have problems with food. It's not that I don't like it, 'cause I do, but a like all the other stuff better xD

What really helped me was knowing that it's NOT that you won't eat those stuff ever again, but that you will have them in smaller rations and not so often. I ended up agreeing with myself that I cant live without, let's say chocolate, and saying "ok, I will have the smallest one, so I can go one with the salad".

I can assure you that it's a better way to stay on track and keep on losing weight.