Healthy items for liquid diet?

Options
victoriavoodoo
victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Just got wisdom tooth surgery and apparently my teeth had twisty roots or something so I have more stitches than normal. 4 days of liquids then soft or semisolids and nothing hot the first 48 hours is what my care sheet says.

I am a pescetarian so seafood = yes but no other meat/broth. Any suggestions? I'm already tired of protein shakes and its day 1..

EDITED to add that I am never unprepared like this but it was an emergency extraction after an abscess and they took my other top one out while they were in there for good measure. But Like I went into the emergency dentist and he just did it right after the x ray so I had zero days to prepare.

Replies

• victoriavoodoo
    Options
    Also I am terrified of infection so I want the liquids to be totally liquid like nothing that could get stuck in my stitches and kill me. Dr. Google has a lot of horror stories for wisdom teeth removal =[
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    what about getting some of the V8 juices?

I had very badly impacted wisdom teeth :( I hope you're not any pain.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    diy.soylent.me
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I had a rough time after wisdom tooth surgery and spent a week on Gatorade, Pedialyte, and milkshakes. Yummy, yummy milkshakes.
  • victoriavoodoo
    Options
    I've pretty much stopped "drinking my calories" for the last couple years so juice and stuff makes me cringe. But I guess I'll have to get over it if I want to heal...counting down that 48 hours for some miso soup lol
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I think I just ate milkshakes and broth for 4 days.