Cellulite..what do I do??

Options
How do I get rid of it? My legs are strong but the cellulite wont go away and it is just so depressing! I work really hard and lift heavy! My water intake is normal to above average and my diet is healthy. I do consume quite a bit of sodium but you would think with all the lifting I do, it would have decreased by now. Anybody have any useful tips? This is really embarrassing subject for me but I can't stop thinking about it! :(

Replies

• mjc7213
    Options
    Have you heard of those wraps. Supposedly they are awesome at gett8ng rid of that
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    I feel like that's a short term solution though. But thank you for the response! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What is your lifting routine?
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Squats.
    Options
    lift 3-4x a week, lower body 2x, upper body 2x. I injured my back 8 months ago and am just recently reincorporating squats back into my routine..but I've continously done RDL, lunges, and am up to 200 on my leg press. @arditarose‌
  • dagost17
    dagost17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can perhaps minimize it but I just think it's genetics. I was born with cellulite on my @ss and at 115, toned, and in better shape than I have been in previous years....my cellulite is at it's worst! So if anyone has any solutions that work, I'd love to know too!!
    Options
    Ugh! Isn't it so depressing? lol Yes! Any solutions!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any that really work. I think it's just the way that some bodies store fat. The internet likes to believe that specific brushing or massage routines can break it up, but I would only do so knowing that it might not work, and being ok throwing out any money I had invested.

I hear you - I don't love my cellulite either. But hey, if Iggy Azalea (or how ever you spell her name) has it... then I think it's ok if "normal" people have it too ;)
  • marysamezz
    marysamezz Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I use a derma roller for cellulite and stretchmarks/scars It's worked in reducing my cellulite cause it helps thicken the skin and increase collagen production.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nothing much you can do. its genetic some women have more cellulite than others(no matter what you do). they have a new technique at some drs offices that supposedly freeze the fat and its supposed to get rid of cellulite(not sure if it really does and its expensive),or there is lipo.I have been working out and lifting for almost 3 years and still have a lot of cellulite in places I wish it wasnt. there are no creams,gels,pills,wraps,etc proven to work.just keep doing what you are doing and try not to worry about it .some things you cant change which sucks.
  • dagost17
    dagost17 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any that really work. I think it's just the way that some bodies store fat. The internet likes to believe that specific brushing or massage routines can break it up, but I would only do so knowing that it might not work, and being ok throwing out any money I had invested.

I hear you - I don't love my cellulite either. But hey, if Iggy Azalea (or how ever you spell her name) has it... then I think it's ok if "normal" people have it too ;)

YES!!! We are so conditioned to think celebs have perfect bodies because that's all we see!! However, they're just like us. Most of us ladies have cellulite. The few that don't are super lucky! I think we're our own worst critics.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cool Sculpting?
    Options
    marysamezz wrote: »
    I use a derma roller for cellulite and stretchmarks/scars It's worked in reducing my cellulite cause it helps thicken the skin and increase collagen production.

What kind of derma roller do you use?

And I know, but it's hard to look in the mirror and accept that this is just it for me lol Which is sad.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have been doing a little research on 3 different treatments. The first is dry brushing. Using a stiff bristled body brush you brush the areas in circular motions towards the heart. It is supposed to remove fluids from your lymphatic system and I think it also stimulates circulation in the skin by irritating it and opening the capillaries. Then take a shower, don't exfoliate, and use a nice lotion when you get out. I do it a little bit here and there, but I have not stuck with it or a a diet enough to lose any weight, but I will say it makes your skin feel fabulous.
    The 2rd is massage with vacuum cups. You can buy them online they are relatively cheap. This you have to be careful with because it can hurt, and bruise the tissue. You use these little massage cups by squeezing the air out of them and stick to the area you want to work on and slide them around. You need to make sure you have some oil on skin to keep the seal. This is supposed to work by pulling fluid and connective tissue around, loosening it and allowing it to leave the areas. I have only done it a few times, but have seen some very promising pics from people who do it regularly. May be hard to do by yourself on areas like upper back of the thighs. Works great for inflammation on backs though.
    The 3rd is derma rolling with a micro roller. It is a little device that has tons of tiny micro needles. You roll is over the area and the roller creates all these tiny holes. You apply a good moisturizer and let it heal. It is supposed to work by breaking up scar tissue and allowing new tissue to grown in the puncture areas. This is suppose to work for scars as well, and stretch marks. I haven't done this at all. Sorry for long pot but these seem to be promising at maybe minimizing cellulite and the 1st 2 I think are good for the skin. The dry brushing is great, I do it just because how good my skin feels.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    those things can be done but its only going to be temporary,it can help the appearance and boosting collagen can lessen the appearance but cellulite is still there. the only way to get rid of it is through liposuction and then it can still come back if you arent watching what you eat or working out.stretch marks are the same you can lessen the appearance but you cant get rid of them not even with surgery
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I second (or third, or whatever number we're up to) that it's genetic. I had a couple dimples when I was a very skinny and very active teenager. It's less apparent when I strength train. And if I use a self-tanner, even less. Nothing like lily white winter skin to make everything look worse.

But one thing I've found is that what I see in the mirror and what the rest of the world actually notices are two very different things. In the mirror, I see every single lump and bump and dimple. If I take pictures of myself in a bikini, though, it's not nearly as noticeable. Because then I see the whole body, not just zeroing in on any flaws (real or imagined).

People aren't scrutinizing you the way you scrutinize yourself. Unless you're a celebrity in a tabloid, of course. ;)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options

An excellent read!

• ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think it's a combination of genetics and fitness. Before I started my weight loss / fitness journey, I had cellulite all over my thighs, butt, stomach and mildly on my arms. I lost some weight and started a lot of weightlifting + interval based exercise (CrossFit) and I noticed that though the cellulite isn't completely gone, it has drastically improved. I always thought that cellulite was impossible to get rid of but it is possible to reduce. But it's going to come off on its own, dependent on your genetics and physical make up (lean mass, body fat %, etc).
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!