Cannot Break through Plateau!

Options
13»

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I agree with those that say weigh everything. You do need to weigh everything, and I do mean everything, that goes into your mouth. Even prepackaged foods. Just like for me this morning. I had sausage and eggs on a ciabatta roll. The serving size for the roll...56g. I weighed the roll and it was 63g. Serving size for sausage was two pieces at 54g. My two pieces weighed in at 58g. And eggs, yes weigh those too. I had two eggs that should have been 50g each or 100g total, but together they weighed in at 105g. Now that all may not seem like much, but it quickly adds up throughout the day. Had I not weighed everything, I would have taken in about 35 more calories for that one meal than I thought I did. And really, nothing that I had was much of a calorie dense food. This is especially true if you are eating calorie dense foods like peanut butter. A little inaccuracy in measuring something like that can make a big difference.
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    kitlynnJ wrote: »
    This may help:

When people say "you were eating more than you think", they're not insulting you. It's really easy to underestimate calories. This is why people recommend using a food scale.

This video was great. Thank you for posting it.

Agree! Thx for posting the video - very eye opening and shows absolutely why my first troubleshooting action needs to be weigh everything!!