Yogi Slim Life Tea

Options
Stocked up on tea the other day, figured I'd try some new flavors. Anyone tried Yogi's Slim life for weight loss? Or no if it has any real effect? I saw it has black pepper in it, which I found strange.

Regardless, it tastes good, so I'll continue drinking it, but I'm always a fan of extra help to boot.

Replies

• fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'd bet people are ignoring this thread because of all the recent "clean" eating and "detox" stuff going around.

If you think drinking a tea will make the pounds disappear, you'll be disappointed. There's nothing in it that will *make* you lose weight. If you like it, drink it. It might help keep you energized for a workout or keep you from feeling hungry by filling your stomach with liquid. I'll sometimes drink tea if I'm feeling a bit hungry and don't want to take in too many calories just then. It abates my hunger for a bit. More energy to exercise or helping you avoid taking in more calories might help you lose weight but it's nothing inherent in the tea that's doing it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The most effect most slimming teas have is either as a dieuretic (so you lose water weight) or a laxative. As Fevrale said, sipping tea can distract you from eating or from hunger, but yeah. There's nothing magical in the tea itself.

As for the black pepper - one of my favourite teas is a chilli chai that has chilli, black pepper and cinnamon :)
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The most effect most slimming teas have is either as a dieuretic (so you lose water weight) or a laxative. As Fevrale said, sipping tea can distract you from eating or from hunger, but yeah. There's nothing magical in the tea itself.

As for the black pepper - one of my favourite teas is a chilli chai that has chilli, black pepper and cinnamon :)

Chili Chai? I must have it! Please share details. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    fevrale wrote: »

Chili Chai? I must have it! Please share details. :)

It's delicious! It's T2's Crazy Chili Green Chai - contains Green tea, cacao husk, ginger pieces, lemon peel, cardamom seed, cloves, chilli and pepper. I'm trying to find it on their website, I know I can get it instore!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Rlavigne93 wrote: »
    Stocked up on tea the other day, figured I'd try some new flavors. Anyone tried Yogi's Slim life for weight loss? Or no if it has any real effect? I saw it has black pepper in it, which I found strange.

Regardless, it tastes good, so I'll continue drinking it, but I'm always a fan of extra help to boot.

Black pepper is very common in tea and is one of the spices usually added to make chai (along with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger and nutmeg).