Where would you direct me?

Options
I'm 5'3' at around 140 lbs. I have already lost close to 70 lbs but been stuck in a rut for a few months now. I work out 6 days a week about 30 mins in the morning plus have Fitbit so I move through out the day. I do exceed over 10K steps.

I have check my calorie intake on different web sits and TDEE as well. I just don't know where to be with my calories right now. I think upping them would be good but then I get scared, cause I have been upping them and not going anywhere. I go to lower them and my stomach growls.

Where would you put them? I need ideas. I do have a food scale, I do prepare my foods at home for the week. I do the 80/20 rule but soon I should get stricter to 90/10 rule. Please help me!

Replies

• amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner#latest

Some useful stuff here. I recently changed calories to 12 cal per lb bodyweight and finally the scale is shifting!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think I get this.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I really tightened up my logging - set macros to 1g protein per lb bodyweight and similar for carbs. I was eating at TDEE minus % for ages and nothing. 2 weks at 12 cal/lb and 3lbs loss.
  • wyattj99
    Options
    Everytime I tighten up my calorie intake my stomach growls...it's annoying..lol
  • wyattj99
    Options
    Anyone else have ideas?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I eat a huge bowl of veggies every day along with my proteins and fats. In combination I am very well satisfied eating 1280 a day plus 1/2-3/4 of my exercise calories back.
    I also drink lots of water!
    Fiber
    Fat
    Protein
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you've been stuck for several months, the answer is going to be to eat less, not more.

The other thing I can think of is that maybe your workout routine is too easy for you, now. You need to keep increasing the difficulty of your workouts in order to get those calorie burns, because a smaller body burns fewer calories anyway, and because you get stronger. Looking at your diary, I see you earning back rather large numbers of exercise calories (600-700 per day) which probably is unrealistic considering you're much smaller now.

Try changing up your workouts and dropping your calories by about 100 or so from where you are now. Or eat back fewer of your workout calories. One of those.
  • wyattj99
    Options
    Thanks. I need to go harder with work outs for sure.
  • Nickers5405
    Nickers5405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It might be the kind of food as opposed to the amount of calories. Your body will adjust to anything after long enough so switching your type of workouts and maybe the kind of diet you're on could help get the ball rolling again.

A good way to switch things up is try a Keto diet - low to no carbs - high fats high protein.

Goodluck! Add me if you want more suggestions!
  • wyattj99
    Options
    I'm thinking more healthy fats for sure.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Switching stuff up usually helps me break a stalemate. You just get more into it and are more careful with your nutrition which helps tip the scales. If you are not far from your goal weight then it takes a ton of detail and precision to lose weight....

Best of luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Eat less,
    Tighten your logging, I had a look and theres scope.
    Harder workouts.
  • wyattj99
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I did mention when I tighten my logging I'm hungry. I did get a food scale =)
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Try adding more food in 300 calorie increments. Try it for about two weeks and see where you stand.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    wyattj99 wrote: »
    Try more nutrient dense foods, you get to eat more without increasing calories. Also the thermic effect is increased which generally means you stay full longer.

• AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

Unfortunately, when you diet you will feel hungry from time to time. This is unavoidable for most people.

So true.
  • wyattj99
    Options
    Thank you, I will have to try that.
  • wyattj99
    Options
    Laura732 wrote: »
    Try adding more food in 300 calorie increments. Try it for about two weeks and see where you stand.

That is what I am doing now, but a couple of days I went more than I should =(
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    What calorie level are you eating at now? You're just within healthy/normal BMI now so it's going to be hard.

If you don't like feeling hungry maybe try an intermittent fasting protocol, for a change. If you don't learn to adapt to the low-eating days, you will at least feel real hunger and recognize it's not going to kill you if you wait to eat. There are ways to quiet a noisy stomach. Drink some broth or tea. Have some veggies.

Good luck!
  • cbri02
    cbri02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3' at around 140 lbs. I have already lost close to 70 lbs but been stuck in a rut for a few months now. I work out 6 days a week about 30 mins in the morning plus have Fitbit so I move through out the day. I do exceed over 10K steps.

I have check my calorie intake on different web sits and TDEE as well. I just don't know where to be with my calories right now. I think upping them would be good but then I get scared, cause I have been upping them and not going anywhere. I go to lower them and my stomach growls.

Where would you put them? I need ideas. I do have a food scale, I do prepare my foods at home for the week. I do the 80/20 rule but soon I should get stricter to 90/10 rule. Please help me!

This is where training intensity comes in to play. In order to take it to the next level you have to take your training up a notch. Cardio acceleration would be ideal for you now to further achieve your gains.