Jillian Michaels Body Revolution opinions wanted

Options
Hi all! :)

I have done JM workouts for the past year and love her 3-2-1 circuits. I have recently been getting bored with doing them over and over. I am just finishing up ripped in 30 and was looking at body revolution. Has any one done it? How do you like it compared to her other videos? It is worth the money?

Replies

• mynubod
    Options
    Sorry, I was just gonna ask the same question. I love JM!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    me too! and I love that they are 30 min long! :)
  • mindenmomma
    mindenmomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought it on Groupon (Canada) for $50. There are a lot of very positive reviews on Amazon... People are seeing amazing results and really enjoying them in general.
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love it...you wil see moves that are the same but generally thats the same with any trainer..i do love it and cant wait to get started again
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I really like it, I'm doing it for the second time and still find it challenging since there are so many variables like harder versions or heavier weights. I really like that the workouts aren't the same day to day and change completely every two weeks so you never get bored like with many other of the programs.
  • TenshiAyame
    TenshiAyame Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a small collection of Jillian Michaels dvds that is constantly growing lol. I did her 30 day shred for a while before my wedding and felt great. After the wedding though I needed something else (30 days for a few months gets pretty boring.) So I splurged and got her body revolution for 30-40 dollars on ebay. It came with a small recipe book and a kickstart diet guide as well as a small workout book detailing what was to come. I started quite a while back (month or two) and made it to week 3. I had to start over once halfway through though because I missed alot of days one week (horrible work schedule). So all in all I probabbly did 3 weeks of dvd 1 and 2 and 1 week of dvd3. It wasn't super hard, just hard to fit into my schedule. If you miss a day, you miss a whole part of your body and can't just make it up the next day or your whole schedule will be messed up. I did end up losing 7 lbs though. Not a huge success for me, but I'm back on it again this week. I've started and stopped for the last 3 weeks. I personally got bored after week 1, though week 2 was alot easier and I can't figure out how to add yoga or anything extra like pilates into the mix. So....overall I think it's great if you like Jillian Michaels and have a fairly steady schedule (which I did not, but do now thankfully). Sorry for the long post. i'm new to this site. Started and then forgot it existed and then came back again lol.
  • Hi all, when logging your JM dvd workout (i'm doing the 30 day shred) what would you log it as? Thanks :-)
  • muffinsquee
    muffinsquee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got bored with it. It was too slow after completing both 30 day shred and ripped in 30, I just couldn't get into it.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred a while back. It was difficult and pretty hard for me to keep myself accountable with only the TV watching me. Sometimes I just ended up letting her do some of the parts while I rested. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • hmrey76
    Options
    thanks everyone!

Amazon has it on sale now. I think I will just get it now so it will be here when I finish RI30. Her 30 min workouts work great in my schedule! She is the only trainer I see results with.

Prior to JM, I tried Beachbody. (hip hop abs, P90X, and Brazil Butt lift bum bum or whatever it's called) and the only result i got from them was injuries.

I am a JM fan for life! :)
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I did a bunch of her DVDs before, BFBM, NMTZ, 30DS, Ripped in 30 all of those. Then I did BR and honestly I saw better results faster with BR than any of her other DVDs. I think because it was an actual program. I loved it. After doing her other DVDs phase 1 wasn't really that hard, but Phase 2 and especially 3 kicked every square inch of my shrinking butt. It was worth it! My cardiovasular health improved greatly and it really helped with my asthma too. It's worth the money!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of success with it when I did it last summer. I did find the cardio days to be boring as all get out, so I started working on a C25K program those days instead. I've not been able to find another workout that I've liked as much since I decided I needed a break from Jillian, so I'm back for round two.
  • hmrey76
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    I did a bunch of her DVDs before, BFBM, NMTZ, 30DS, Ripped in 30 all of those. Then I did BR and honestly I saw better results faster with BR than any of her other DVDs. I think because it was an actual program. I loved it. After doing her other DVDs phase 1 wasn't really that hard, but Phase 2 and especially 3 kicked every square inch of my shrinking butt. It was worth it! My cardiovasular health improved greatly and it really helped with my asthma too. It's worth the money!

Thank you! This was so helpful! I'm pretty much on the same path you took....did all her other DVD & have noticed a slight improvement in my asthma too. Can't wait to start the program!! :)
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 10 of Body Revolution and love JM's workouts so feel free to add me for some motivation :D
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options