How long did it take you to lose 40-50 lbs? Please share some tips. Thank you!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    ^^^ how did you stick to a 1500 calorie diet? I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds and I burn around 500-600 calories a day and cannot keep my calorie count under 2000! So hard

I do 1500 cals to lose weight normally, it's my TDEE -25% of the total. I can hit it most days without feeling hungry at all, and often can fit in treats and desserts at the end of the night when I have the cals for it. Maintenance is 2000-2200 depending on my activity level. I go lighter on carbs (not 'carb free' at all, just a little lighter to conserve cals a bit for some meals. Ex: open faced sandwiches, hot dogs with lettuce wraps, tuna on wraps, etc) and eat more fruits and veggies, burgers, chicken, bacon, salads, rice and beans, chili, pretty much everything I normally eat just less of it or prepared in a way that is lighter overall. Easy stuff.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months to drop 30, since then I've kind of hit a plateau. The two major things for me was no sugar and no fast food, otherwise I still ate like I normally did except for lunch. My lunch consists of a garden salad with a hard boiled egg, for dressing I use olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bad knees and ankles so I walk as much as I can, but can't do any really strenuous workout, so if you're able to do that you may lose quicker than I.