Looking for Lots of support!

Options
So, I'm going through a bariatric program for gastric sleeve bypass. I need to lose 100 lbs. and I don't really want to have the surgery. I've been doing this for 3 months and am not very good at it. My doctor is expecting a big weight loss tomorrow and I don't think I've lost any weight at all. This morning, I realized that I live in a fantasy life. I think I'm healthy, I think I eat good, I think I exercise everyday. Truth is, I'm all of this - in my own mind. Time to get real. God held a mirror up to my face today and really made me look at myself. I'm everything I want to be in my mind and it's time to put my 'thoughts' into action. But, I need some support if anyone is willing to help me stay accountable. I have a really hectic life of being out of the house for about 12 hours Monday-Friday and I have church in the evening on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and all day Sunday. Plus, I spend time with my hubby! As you can see, it doesn't leave me much time for exercising, meal planning or shopping!! If anyone has great ideas, meals, tips for people on the run, I sure would appreciate a friend or two. Thanks for reading! Terrie

Replies

• mynubod
    Options
    I'll be your friend:)
  • aliciawlowe
    Options
    You can do I suggest watch my 600 life if they can anyone can no matter how much you weight food suggestions stick to yogurt fish baked or grilled chicken salads and protein drinks only use no salt season s like Ms Dash. If you want to eat out go to chickfila and get 8 count grilled chicken trust me aftet 2 weeks other foods will make you sick and the pounds will melt. For sauce or dressing get yougurt dressing sold in the produce section you can do it.
  • MadonnaF
    MadonnaF Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So, I'm going through a bariatric program for gastric sleeve bypass. I need to lose 100 lbs. and I don't really want to have the surgery. I've been doing this for 3 months and am not very good at it. My doctor is expecting a big weight loss tomorrow and I don't think I've lost any weight at all. This morning, I realized that I live in a fantasy life. I think I'm healthy, I think I eat good, I think I exercise everyday. Truth is, I'm all of this - in my own mind. Time to get real. God held a mirror up to my face today and really made me look at myself. I'm everything I want to be in my mind and it's time to put my 'thoughts' into action. But, I need some support if anyone is willing to help me stay accountable. I have a really hectic life of being out of the house for about 12 hours Monday-Friday and I have church in the evening on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and all day Sunday. Plus, I spend time with my hubby! As you can see, it doesn't leave me much time for exercising, meal planning or shopping!! If anyone has great ideas, meals, tips for people on the run, I sure would appreciate a friend or two. Thanks for reading! Terrie

• MadonnaF
    MadonnaF Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To clarify, you need to loose 100 pounds TOTAL? Or 100 pounds BEFORE the Dr will perform the sleeve?
  • tracyb40
    tracyb40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    if you don't want the surgery have you looked at other options. I am on a facebook forum for a virtual gastric band page. Its an app that you can get for your phone and its called Easyloss Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis. There are some great success stories on there, might be worth a look. Good luck with your joruney, whatever direction it takes.
  • gravrokr
    gravrokr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You say in your post that you are very busy being out of the house and all the things you have going on in the evenings. I get that. I also know that it takes time and effort to lose weight, especially if you have LOTS to lose. I too have LOTS to lose. I decided that I was going to do what I needed to do to make it happen for me this time. Here's where I'm coming from: 1. I will not do surgery. 2. I will make time for my weight loss as a priority, even if I need to rearrange my life. 3. I will enlist the help of others. 4. I will use whatever tools I have to make this work and even be open to learning new tools. If you are serious, I would love to support you in your journey. I'd be willing to share what I've learned and to cry and cuss with you in your weight loss efforts. I have lost 40 pounds since September 10, 2014 and I am not stopping until I get where I need to be. I do not exercise at this time. I do low carb. No sugar, no flour, no corn, no rice, no potatoes. My turning point came after a trip to the hospital and reading a book by Gary Taubes called Why We Get Fat and why we stay that way. I also am on facebook with Butter Makes Your Pants Fall Off. Let me know if you'd like to "friend" me here. I'd be happy to support you in your goals.
  • TJBritton51
    Options
    tracyb40 wrote: »
    if you don't want the surgery have you looked at other options. I am on a facebook forum for a virtual gastric band page. Its an app that you can get for your phone and its called Easyloss Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis. There are some great success stories on there, might be worth a look. Good luck with your joruney, whatever direction it takes.
    mynubod wrote: »
    I'll be your friend:)

• TJBritton51
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! It's 5:11am and I'm getting up to walk. My doctor says I'm 100 lbs overweight not that I have to lose 100 lbs. before the surgery. My hubby and I spoke at length last night and he supports me in losing weight without the surgery. First time he has supported me; new territory. I read all your posts and will take many things to heart and will talk to my doctor this afternoon. We shall see but now it's time to walk!