Bulking - gone wrong?

Options
Hi,

Last Monday I decided to start bulking to gain weight + become thick.
I'm 18, 5 ft and weigh 49 kg.

I realised everything I'm doing is wrong and I'm starting to think I'm never going to reach my goal..

Should I just give up?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You've been at it a week and want to quit? Why is what you are doing wrong?
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You've been at it a week and want to quit? Why is what you are doing wrong?

Well for one, I'm not consuming enough calories.
    The exercises I'm doing are useless, apparently.
    I'm just finding it difficult.

• usmcmp
    Options
    Well, you've figured out in the first week that you aren't eating enough and you understand that you need an appropriate program to follow. Sounds like you have a direction to continue with.

Unfortunately nothing worth having is easy. If you want a great body it has to be earned. Guess you need to decide if you are willing to put in the work. You're only 18. You are starting at a great point in life and hormones should be in your favor. You have the chance to build a work ethic in the gym and kitchen that will take you far in life. Better to learn it at 18 than at 50.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Quitting is for quitters.

If you're not sure that what you are doing is correct, then maybe you should consider getting a personal trainer or instructor. I believe they do have instructional videos out there for lifters, or people who want to bulk up.

Find a way to make your goal happen. It's only been week, you don't want to quit right after you started or you'll never finish!
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thankss :)
    It's hard to stay motivated when no one is supporting you
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Motivation is just a moment. Success requires discipline. Doing things when you don't really want to because you know it will take you a step closer to your goal.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    Thankss :)
    It's hard to stay motivated when no one is supporting you

You are getting tons of great advice in your thread. It is much better to find out now that you aren't going about it the best way and change now instead of months down the road.
  • Nickers5405
    Nickers5405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want bulking tips.