In recovery and looking for support

Dear MFP people,

Hi there. I am in recovery from anorexia and I am looking for friends. Friends who will help me out when I am feeling guilty or sad or having a hard time. I will be a great friend too! I just don't know how one goes about finding support here except to just post on here!

:smiley:

Replies

• I don't have anorexia but I am an emotional eater. There are many issues in my life that I can't control so I eat... A lot. So many people stop eating when they are going through a hard time. Not me. I have always been able to stop it when it got out of hand but not this time. I have gained so much weight and its out of control. While we don't have the same issue, I too know the guilt that comes with food and how bad a simple act like eating can make you feel. I hope you have success here. Good luck.... Either way, both of us have let food and emotional eating get too much of a hold on our lives.
  • Hi, I'm in recovery myself, with bulimia nervosa. I'd happily help you out. It's isolating have an eating disorder. Add me and message me, everyone is welcome
  • KitaDyer
    KitaDyer Posts: 1 Member
    I've recovered from anorexia but am currently trying to start a healthy diet as my new one was unstructured and all over the place. I expect some weight loss from transitioning into a better diet and I fear that may be triggering for me, so I'm hoping to have some friends to watch and encourage me to stay on track, and that I can help as well. I'm happy to have rediscovered a love for food, I just want a better diet now! Anyone is free to add me. (=
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    How old are you ?