2»

Replies

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    There are no foods, you "shouldn't eat". Try pre logging your days, to include a treat and keep it at that.

This works for me as well. That way when I walk pat 7 hotdog stands and street cafe's on the way to gym I know I cant buy anything otherwise I cant have supper. I cant live without supper lol
    Binging sneaks up on me. I have no clue when its coming but a strong hunger comes and I don't want anything that is low in calories. I will do crazy stuff like order a large pizza and its just me. When I'm binging, water is not allowed either lol it seems horrible the more I type

Friday is my danger day so I need to be extra careful. I get home hungry, decide to have a small snack and then cant stop myself. Saturday is then spent workin off Friday's binge lol

I can try to pre-plan things but I'm not sure if it will help me. I usually don't care much about calories or things when it hits. I hope it works. I can relate to working off binges too lol

Dude I fully understand what you mean. What helps me as well is to set a target weight for Monday morning so I quilt myself on Friday evening lol If all lese fails, work it off the next day. It's taken me 20 months to lose 70 pounds but I am comfortable with losing slowly. If you cant prevent it, try your best to limit it and then do damage control.

Congratulations on your progress. I hope I can do your numbers

Thanks :) I've done 2 epic weight losses before and neither of them successfull. Just keep at it. chip away small little bits at a time and you will get there.

Perhaps there is something in here that can help you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10088998/my-weightloss-tools#latest
  • JeremyCegers
    JeremyCegers Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've never been a binger, so I have no insight for you...but what is a fudge round?

Only the greatest little Debbie cake ever invented. I would go into deep description but I would have to go get a box lol
  • JeremyCegers
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    There are no foods, you "shouldn't eat". Try pre logging your days, to include a treat and keep it at that.

This works for me as well. That way when I walk pat 7 hotdog stands and street cafe's on the way to gym I know I cant buy anything otherwise I cant have supper. I cant live without supper lol
    Binging sneaks up on me. I have no clue when its coming but a strong hunger comes and I don't want anything that is low in calories. I will do crazy stuff like order a large pizza and its just me. When I'm binging, water is not allowed either lol it seems horrible the more I type

Friday is my danger day so I need to be extra careful. I get home hungry, decide to have a small snack and then cant stop myself. Saturday is then spent workin off Friday's binge lol

I can try to pre-plan things but I'm not sure if it will help me. I usually don't care much about calories or things when it hits. I hope it works. I can relate to working off binges too lol

Dude I fully understand what you mean. What helps me as well is to set a target weight for Monday morning so I quilt myself on Friday evening lol If all lese fails, work it off the next day. It's taken me 20 months to lose 70 pounds but I am comfortable with losing slowly. If you cant prevent it, try your best to limit it and then do damage control.

Congratulations on your progress. I hope I can do your numbers

Thanks :) I've done 2 epic weight losses before and neither of them successfull. Just keep at it. chip away small little bits at a time and you will get there.

Perhaps there is something in here that can help you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10088998/my-weightloss-tools#latest

Thanks
  • JeremyCegers
    Options
    I ate a whole package of girl scout lemonade..there shortbread w lemon glaze so yummy! I think it's because I'm increasing my mileage so I'm hungrier. Maybe you need to eat more? I'm increasing my egg and creamer potatoe consumption. They both fill me up faster and have more staying power. Try to figure out what foods are lower in calories and keep you full longer. That should help.

Will do. I did ease up on carbs before I binged.
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    I have the same problem with binges, so I try to keep them scaled back with planning. I can keep on track for a long time and then, boom! I agree that it feels like my body might be lacking something which is what lead to the binge in the first place. I also have the guilt later and push myself for the extra workouts. By the time I'm on extra workouts, I'm usually back on track. Here are my planning tactics- hope they might help you.

I try to pre-log my days as much as possible. Everyday in the morning after walking the dog, I login and try to enter everything I plan to have for breakfast, lunch and snacks.

If I do not have a lunch to bring to work portioned or planned, I build a salad or sandwich- meanwhile punching it into this app. This keeps me within reason. I also keep fruit on my desk at work so that I reach for that rather than the snacks in the lunchroom.

When I make dinner, I like to pre-portion the entire meal- on my plate as well as in the containers for tomorrow's lunch. If I can get the food in the fridge before I eat my dinner, I'm much less likely to think I need seconds. The same works for me when I'm out to eat- I stare at that plate and enter them, then put the excess in a takeout box before starting.

I try not to buy things that I binge on, and when I do cave at the market- buy the smallest possible package so that when it's done, it's done! The same works for me in the drive thru. Buy the smallest meal and get out. I will go back for more if it's in the house, but it takes sooo much more effort to get in the car and pick something up.

Try not to beat yourself up too badly. Tomorrow is another day to get on track. I try to remind myself that it's OK to have these days, so long as it is not frequent!
  • JeremyCegers
    Options
    I have the same problem with binges, so I try to keep them scaled back with planning. I can keep on track for a long time and then, boom! I agree that it feels like my body might be lacking something which is what lead to the binge in the first place. I also have the guilt later and push myself for the extra workouts. By the time I'm on extra workouts, I'm usually back on track. Here are my planning tactics- hope they might help you.

I try to pre-log my days as much as possible. Everyday in the morning after walking the dog, I login and try to enter everything I plan to have for breakfast, lunch and snacks.

If I do not have a lunch to bring to work portioned or planned, I build a salad or sandwich- meanwhile punching it into this app. This keeps me within reason. I also keep fruit on my desk at work so that I reach for that rather than the snacks in the lunchroom.

When I make dinner, I like to pre-portion the entire meal- on my plate as well as in the containers for tomorrow's lunch. If I can get the food in the fridge before I eat my dinner, I'm much less likely to think I need seconds. The same works for me when I'm out to eat- I stare at that plate and enter them, then put the excess in a takeout box before starting.

I try not to buy things that I binge on, and when I do cave at the market- buy the smallest possible package so that when it's done, it's done! The same works for me in the drive thru. Buy the smallest meal and get out. I will go back for more if it's in the house, but it takes sooo much more effort to get in the car and pick something up.

Try not to beat yourself up too badly. Tomorrow is another day to get on track. I try to remind myself that it's OK to have these days, so long as it is not frequent!

I appreciate the help. I feel like I may be able to beat it. At least I know I'm not alone and there are people that have battled this monster before.
  • back2twentyfive
    back2twentyfive Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I get the same "I don't care" attitude. It has taken me the last 3 months to turn my head around to "I DO care." Mostly, the result of my binges was maintaining my weight, but reality hit when I started gaining instead of losing, so for a while, I got back on the bandwagon to lose. I lost a little but then kept binging and maintaining. Finally, it dawned on me that in fact, I do care, a lot, and I really wanted to change this.

I made a plan--I finished eating the food I was binging on so it wouldn't be in the house or at work (I couldn't see throwing it out or giving it away, but those are options) so I CAN'T eat it because it's not there. If I want something bad enough to go somewhere to get it, I buy a high protein treat instead, like one small bag of beef jerky, which blows my sodium levels, but not my calorie intake.

My binges were about not giving up the freedom to eat as much as I want, but eventually I realized that I have the freedom to do better for myself, which is a much greater freedom than being driven and out of control. It took really being fed up with not caring enough about myself to get what I really want. Hope that helps.