Dinner time?

Options
What is the latest time of day a person should eat any food? And why is it important to avoid eating after this time, or after a certain amount of hours before sleeping?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Definitely stop eating before you fall asleep. It's a choking hazard! Honestly, I've found that it makes no difference what time I eat. Some nights I eat up until 30 minutes before going to bed. I think some people have trouble sleeping if they're too full, but to lose weight I don't think it matters.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's just a preference/schedule thing. Some people like to eat later and others prefer an earlier supper. But, one way isn't better than the other. Me personally, I eat twice a day at 11am and then at around 6pm.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't eat within 4 hours of bedtime. My body is cooler when my stomach is empty which helps me sleep. When you're fasting, which is what happens when you sleep, hormones are released that tell your body to switch to fat-burning mode.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter. some people put a "don't eat past 7pm(or any random time, really)" rule on themselves, but the reasoning behind it is typically to stop late night snacking. figure out what works for you, and do that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Definitely stop eating before you fall asleep. It's a choking hazard! Honestly, I've found that it makes no difference what time I eat.

Totally this. It's 9:00 here - I just ate dinner. All those people who say don't ever eat after 5 or 7 or whatever are nuts. I'm not even home from work then. People like that just have too much time on their hands.