Daily Calorie Help!

Options
Salutations!
I have a question about my daily calorie intake. So I have lost over 10 lbs. Yeah! MyFitnessPal gave me a badge as I'm sure many of you have experienced it. Then they asked me if I wanted to reasses my caloric goals and I said sure. I did the reevaluation and my caloric goals went up from 1860 to 2080. Aren't these a bit high ? Shouldn't my daily calorie goal go from high to low? Or am I missing something here?

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hmm. That does seem strange. Your calorie needs should go down as you lose weight. Have you tried setting your goals again?
  • iandrew124
    iandrew124 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    envy09 wrote: »
    Hmm. That does seem strange. Your calorie needs should go down as you lose weight. Have you tried setting your goals again?

It is strange. Well I'm unsure why it went up and I did re evaluate my goals after losing 10 lbs. But I just think 2000 calories is a bit high. I'm more than happy to be able to eat another 200 calories but I don't want it to effect my weight loss. Hm. Unusual.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There's a glitch at the moment that sets people's calories to less than 1200, this might be to do with that. Probably just stick to what you had before.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Badge? I didn't get a badge :'(
  • iandrew124
    Options
    There's a glitch at the moment that sets people's calories to less than 1200, this might be to do with that. Probably just stick to what you had before.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. I've tried seeing other calculators online to find out my calories needed but they are all over 2000 calories so I wasn't sure. ;-;

BTW! I love your profile pic. <3 League ~<3
  • iandrew124
    Options
    joolsmd wrote: »
    Badge? I didn't get a badge :'(

Really? D: They just popped up congratulating me for losing 10 lbs. ;-; Maybe its a new thing?
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    It will do that to you every 10lbs you lose, but it goes down instead of up. I'd send their IT team a message and see what's up!