Lactose Intolerance = problems with whey protein?

Options
BluthLover
BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
Hey, I'm wondering if my consumption of whey protein is what is keeping me from losing weight. I know I have a lactose intolerance but only notice it when consuming large amounts of milk or super creamy ice cream. Could this translate to some kind of problem with whey?

Replies

• Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You may not be lactose intolerant but milk protein intolerant (whey is one of them) I know my boys are.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yah I had the same problem, and discovered that I cannot handle whey protein. I am using hemp protein now, and have had none of the same issues. (I tried soy protein but didn't like it, but you could always try that too)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I cannot hack Whey, So i have Soy protein..i know people bag on soy though...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's possible you have reactions to different components and types of dairy, most people either are allergic or intolerant to casien or lactose. I wouldn't see it hindering your weightloss unless you're eating a very unbalanced diet with a crapton of dairy. Try a non-dairy protein powder. Cut dairy out of your diet for at least a few days and see how you feel. That's the easiest way to tell.