legit calorie burn according to jawbone up?

Options
Im a vet tech/stable hand at an equine hospital. Day includes mucking stalls, hauling hay, grooming horses, etc. I know I'm active all day, but is this my actual calorie burn for the day? I just got it Friday and wear my band 24/7. zbp9900j4rfd.png

As you can see, it splits it up into resting burn and actual burn.
5ft 7
29 f
292ish

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Is it a HR Monitor? If so it is probably only good for tracking steady state cardio .. nothing you do sounds like steady state cardio

That said you are clearly very active and weigh quite a lot so it is not inconceivable

If you are wanting to lose weight then I would recommend that you take it with a pinch of salt .. cut down to 2000 calories per day (or however much MFP recommends at an active activity level) and see how much you lose over the next month or so .. you can then adjust your calories to your actual experience .. either up or down

Good luck
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Is it a HR Monitor? If so it is probably only good for tracking steady state cardio .. nothing you do sounds like steady state cardio

That said you are clearly very active and weigh quite a lot so it is not inconceivable

If you are wanting to lose weight then I would recommend that you take it with a pinch of salt .. cut down to 2000 calories per day (or however much MFP recommends at an active activity level) and see how much you lose over the next month or so .. you can then adjust your calories to your actual experience .. either up or down

Good luck

Not a hmr. Most of what i do is more comparable to weight and resistance type training. It's more physical activity tracker/pedometer/sleep tracker with a few other small bells and whistles. MFP has me on 1920 cals which i can stick to easily (especially now that my husband is getting on the healthy train). I was just suprised to see that high of a burn, and wasnt sure it was accurate or not. Thank you :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You are moving a lot .. and with resistance work .. that's excellent for your health

if it helps I earn about 450 calories for walking 10,000 steps .. so it's not inconceivable at 20K you're earning 1000 or more

these things get more accurate over time ... and a 2K calorie diet should give you plenty scope