Is insanity workout for me?

Options
hello everyone, Is the purpose of the insanity workouts to tone up or to loose weight or both.
I am looking to gain at least an extra stone while keeping healthy and exercising and tone up a bit. Would my goals to gain weight be to too hard or unrealistic while on insanity and should I just stick to usual cardio exercise?

Replies

• DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain weight then you need to be eating over your daily maintenance calories and strength training , I really don't think Insanity would ne beneficial to gaining weight if anything you will loose weight on this plan.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend Insanity to anyone who is trying to gain muscle mass or gain weight. The calorie burn is intense and you would need to eat A LOT to be in a surplus. Stick with lifting weights/body weight exercises and eating at a surplus.
  • waynemcg
    waynemcg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies. That's what I've been thinking. I've liked the tone results others have achieved but the calorie burn looks crazy. Currently my goal has been to consume at least 2800 cals a day
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Insanity is great for weight loss and toning muscle. It would be very difficult to gain weight during the program. However - if you're looking for a great way to improve stamina, strength, and overall fitness level - then it's a wonderful program to use! I love Insanity, but I'm not looking to gain, just trying to feel healthy and improve my fitness level, and I had a little weight to lose too.