Electronic Cigarettes

Options
sixout
sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
Who here uses them? I haven't had a real smoke since I bought these. I have some Blu's.

Anyone else use them or any other kind? Reviews?

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Nope. :-)
  • sixout
    Options
    You couldn't just let it die. :(
  • LostInHollyw00d
    Options
    I've tried electronic cigarettes, for some reason they just don't do it for me. I like the "throat hit" (waiting for someone to turn that into something dirty.. Guess I just did), that cigarettes give me.. Meh.

I do like hookah sticks, though.. Delicious.
  • sixout
    Options
    I've tried electronic cigarettes, for some reason they just don't do it for me. I like the "throat hit" (waiting for someone to turn that into something dirty.. Guess I just did), that cigarettes give me.. Meh.

I do like hookah sticks, though.. Delicious.

I've heard about the hookah sticks, but all the ones I see have no nicotine.

And that throat hit is why I want to get away from cigs. Waking up after a long night when I go through two packs makes me feel like death is just hanging out and ripping my throat to shreds.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ive used them they are great and i weane d off them and quit them for goood
  • sixout
    Options
    Yea, I've heard that there are some that you are able to slowly bring down the nicotine content in them.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking after 26 years using electronic cigarettes. I just got the cheap one from 7eleven. I used them for about 2 months, then quit those too.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    I bought some njoys after seeing the ads. They are very pricey and do not even last long at all. $10 for like 20 puffs. They are ok. Nicotine gum is better.

RIght now the e-cig industry is in that stage where they are scamming the heck out of the consumer.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a little over a year ago. I have an Ego-C by Joytech. It is a tank system and you can reduce the nicotine over time.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Switched 4 years ago and haven't had a real cig since. Not sure I will ever give up the nicotine, it's like caffeine for some people, but I like the fact that I don't get all the other crap that goes with a normal cig. Much, much cheaper too.
  • sixout
    Options
    The Blu starter pack was 60. THen the refils are 12 bucks for 5. I'm on day two of the first cartridge of the refils. So I think they're lasting alright. I was worried about them not lasting long enough. Unless I just smoke less than others.
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    I bought one a couple weeks ago. I'm liking it pretty well. I've cut my smoking from about 20/day to about 9/day without really trying. The plan is to slowly lower that until I'm not smoking the real cigs at all and then to start lowering the dose of nicotine in the e-cig. Only problem I've had so far is a sinus infection that I believe was caused from the e-cig vapor being so different from the smoke to inhale. I think it irritated my throat a little and the germs set in and have run rampid. Then again, I may have been going to get sick anyway. :tongue: I introduced a friend to the e-cig, and she went down and bought one over the weekend. Hasn't had a real cigarette since. Oh! One more problem I've remembered... I never forgot to grab my smokes and a lighter on the way out of the house but can't seem to remember the simple step of sticking that e-cig on the charger. LOL
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    My husband does... not the ones you see on tv, but ones from a place like this:

http://madvapesstore.com/products/

He's been free of cigarettes almost a year now. He was two packs a day for as long as I've known him.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Oh btw, in my research, I was not convinced they are completely safe. But I am kind of paranoid.
  • sixout
    Options
    Yea, recharging can be a pain.

I've actually smoked these more than real cigs though, since I can smoke at my desk now.

And I've seen those vape store stuff. I'm not sure if I could handle those. They look like a sonic screwdriver lol
  • sixout
    Options
    Oh btw, in my research, I was not convinced they are completely safe. But I am kind of paranoid.

Ingredients are listed as like 3 things. I was worried about this too though. But figured they can't be worse than cigarettes, at least I hope.
  • NormInv
    Options
    but not regulated by FDA etc
  • sixout
    Options
    but not regulated by FDA etc

I did not know that part.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Ingredients are listed as like 3 things. I was worried about this too though. But figured they can't be worse than cigarettes, at least I hope.

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about it. I've done a lot of research on juice vendors and try to buy the highest quality I can, but no one really knows how safe they are since there has not been any long-term studies. But it has to be better than smoking.
  • NormInv
    Options
    I dont know, do your own research. IMO, this industry is premature and needs a few years to be ok in my books. Right now they are just whinging it as they go and making a lot of money...that is my impression, not based on facts.