How do you pick yourself back up?

Options
I have been doing so well with watching what I eat and exercising and staying at or under my calories and I have been making positive movement down the scale. That is up until this weekend, I completely sabotaged myself on Saturday blowing my calories out of the water with bad food. My scale showed me the error of my ways on Monday and I have fallen into a funk.

Any good ways to shake off the error in my ways and get going back in the right direction?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The error of your ways is water weight unless you ate 1000s of calories above your maintenance to increase in true fat. Don't worry about it. Log it forget it keep moving forward towards the goal.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    One bad day? No big deal. Not to minimize your feelings. We all have them. Just tell yourself, "Oh well. I'm human. I make mistakes. I have done so well and I know that I will continue to!". Expect bumps in the road because they will always happen. But, remember how you feel NOW when, in the future, you get the desire to over eat. Good luck!
  • k8andchr1smom
    k8andchr1smom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way: if you dropped an egg on the floor and broke it would you throw the rest of them down, or would you clean it up and go on?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Look for excuses to keep going instead of looking for excuses to fall backwards. Think of yourself 3, 6, 12 months from now. How would your future self feel about how you handled one bad day?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I got reminded today of the training I received from the Stanford Chronic Disease Self Management program. Basically it's a troubleshooting exercise. Figure out where it went wrong, brainstorm some solutions, and try it. The technique is magic because it takes all the emotion out of it.

Weekends can be hard because they are not as structured. What could you do differently next time?

This presenter makes a great case for being kind to ourselves.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/guy_winch_the_case_for_emotional_hygiene
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I get on the YouTube via the world wide web, search for a good motivational speech and video compilation and press the play button.