Always Hungry

Options
WELL, I started back to clean eating after having a very "busy" and unhealthy week. Had breakfast around 10:30am (its my day off, I slept in) and packed in about 30 grams of protein with 2 eggs, prunes, sunflower seeds, raw almonds, and 4 slices of turkey..plus my usual cup of coffee with cream.

I'm ALREADY hungry again. Not bored hungry, really really hungry. I feel guilty about eating again. Its most likely because my body is begging me for bread/sugar/salt since its going through crap-food withdrawals.

would adding a protein/pre-workout shake help? I try to exercise anywhere from Noon - 2:30pm and eating a second meal before working out makes me sick.

Also looking for supplement advice for things that have worked.. I want something that will help with muscle tone and curving appetite.. not just something that tastes good.

Thanks!

Replies

• DrDeanChiro
    DrDeanChiro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How much time passed before you felt hungry?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't add protein, your breakfast was mostly protein.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking something? This might help fend off hunger until after your workout without making you sick.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In my experience, whenever you spend an extended amount of time in a caloric surplus, (holidays, vacation, bulking etc) it takes a little bit for the body to get accustomed to less food again.

Supplements will not tone muscles, only resistance training can do that. I do not recommend pills for appetite suppression.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would try drinking water before you eat again - your hunger could be dehydration.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Can you break up your breakfast a bit and stagger it? Maybe eat the almonds like an hour later. Shouldn't be enough to make you sick.

Agree that adjusting / readjusting to a calorie deficit causes hunger at first, which is more dramatic than you'll see later. If it's really bugging me or making me cranky, I just think of a *smart* snack (regardless of craving) and go have it. If I'm a bit over because of it, oh well. You're adjusting or readjusting, so it's not going to be perfect.

Try to avoid feeling guilty. It's not wrong to eat, and your body is getting used to a new thing.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    how much fat? fat can be good for satiety. if I'm hungry before lunch and don't have a snack..i drink some herbal tea.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The answer is in macro-nutrient partitioning...otherwise known as: Flexible Dieting.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cravings are different than bored hungry, but both are still different than being actually hungry. I would recommend doing a 24-36 hour fast at some point. In my personal experiences this seems to help remind my body what real hungry is, and helps to reduce cravings.