Reaching out for prayers

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
A very close family friend of mine was just killed in afghanistan this morning. He was one of the 4 shot down in the helicopter that has been on the news today. He was only 25 years old and just celebrated his 2nd wedding anniversary two days ago. Please pray for him, his family, and all other soldiers fighting the war on terror. Its not a war we remember often but maybe we should. Please send prayers tonight.

BTW how do you all deal with grief and dieting? I just want a beer and chips and salsa.

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    We will keep your friend, his family and you in our prayers.
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you, and the family of your friend, and the family of the other 3 soldiers
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok, prayer has been sent!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your dear friend; although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your friend. My family will pray for all the men and their familie's. God Bless them for what they do for our country. Be strong.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I will certainly be praying.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I will certainly be praying.
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Prayer sent.... Sorry for your loss
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    You and his family are in my prayers. To answer your question, I actually don't feel much like eating when I grieve, but sometimes want typical comfort foods.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Your friend and his family and all the others are in my T&Ps. Sending out prayers now. :heart:
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will keep them in my prayers. Please let his family know that our country is heart broken over the loss of every soldier and that we will be forever greatful for the heroes that fight and protect this country. I wish he could have returned home to his family. God bless them all.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, hon. I know it must be hard since your husband is over there too. My best friend was in Iraq for 10 months and I just crossed my fingers and hoped nothing bad happened. *hugs*

The last time I really "dealt" with any kind of heavy grief, I was 9 years old so I don't quite remember how I dealt with it. I remember pity partying a lot and wishing someone would ask me how I was instead of avoiding the situation.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    A very close family friend of mine was just killed in afghanistan this morning. He was one of the 4 shot down in the helicopter that has been on the news today. He was only 25 years old and just celebrated his 2nd wedding anniversary two days ago. Please pray for him, his family, and all other soldiers fighting the war on terror. Its not a war we remember often but maybe we should. Please send prayers tonight.

BTW how do you all deal with grief and dieting? I just want a beer and chips and salsa.

Me and my family will be praying. When i was in the service I lost several battle brothers... I am still grieving. i am sorry for your loss darling.
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss. You certianly have my prayers and my sympany as does the family of this solider/hero. As to the best way to deal with grief I wish I could say I didnt turn to chips and cheesecake but in all likely hood I have for about a day but aI then try to just keep plowing through it and always to remember that life is a gift and to rejoce in it. Sending you a big hug!
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    my goodness...my prayers are with your friends family...one of my childhood best friends was killed in afghanistan back in march '02 in the first big battle that was labeled "the war on terrorism" ...it is tough; i'm not going to lie... but finding peace in God and forgiveness in your heart helps when times get tough... i pray most for his mother and his wife; did he have children? ...don't feel bad for grieving it is important and i think we all try to find comfort when times get tough...my weakness when i feel down is i am unable to eat because i'm so full of my swallowed emotions that i fear i'll throw up if i eat and i feel like sleeping all day long (that is my comfort sleeping)...i pray that you to will have a support system to help you through your grieving...i would hug you if i could...remember he is with God now and living the great everlasting journey that we all have yet to face.

<3 God Bless Those Who Sacrifice For Our Freedom <3
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so sorry for the loss of your friend, prayers already said. may GOD comfort those who knew and loved him.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. Sending prayers for all the families. :flowerforyou:
  • Moneygrow3
    Moneygrow3 Posts: 51
    Options
    So sorry! I will say a prayer for you and your friends family! Hang in there......
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, prayers sent.
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with the soldier's family and with yours.