Why am I struggling to lose weight ?

Options
I have never been a big girl but ever since I had my son 5 years ago I put on 3 stone now I can't seem to lose it I have tried everything I need help I can't even lose a 1lb never mind a stone it's getting me down and depressed now and I don't know what to do thanks

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging all food/drinks? What are your calorie totals daily?
  • jade_c_1991
    jade_c_1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was till i stoppe because I didn't see a difference it just makes me sad all the time i don't know what I am doing wrong
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I was till i stoppe because I didn't see a difference it just makes me sad all the time i don't know what I am doing wrong

You're not in a calorie deficit, that's what's wrong. You need to accurately weigh and measure all your food. If you don't have a food scale, buy one immediately. Be honest and accurate, it's the only way to know you're doing it correctly. Don't get discouraged, your weight is governed by a scientific law of thermodynamics and a mathematical equation, these are concrete things that can be manipulated and it's all in your control. If you are not losing weigh it is because you are not in a calorie deficit. Increase activity, or decrease calorie intake, or both until you are losing weight. That simple
  • jade_c_1991
    jade_c_1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am have the right calorie intake I excercise everyday nearly I am defo doing summet wrong I measure most food I do it all that it tells me to do but I am not getting anywhere
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Read the sticky posts at the top of the Getting Started forum. They will help!
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am have the right calorie intake I excercise everyday nearly I am defo doing summet wrong I measure most food I do it all that it tells me to do but I am not getting anywhere

That might be your problem. Measure everything - especially dips, drinks, sauces, dressings, the oil you use to cook, sugar and milk for coffee, etc. Those things can add up very fast, and we often don't even consider them 'real food'. Weigh everything individually prior to cooking it, and log it right away under grams.

How long did you track your calories, and what was the deficit you were aiming for? These things take time. It's easy to get discouraged after a week, but if you log honestly and stay at a deficit, you're going to loose weight.