Eating 1100 cals per day walking 10000 steps and I still weight the same

I'm frustrated :(

Replies

• Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Try upping your calories a little. I was eating 900-1000 cal a day,and always hitting my 10,000+ steps on my fitbit and scales didnt move for 6 weeks....started eating between 1200-1400 cal a day...and BOOM lost 6 lbs first week,3lbs second week,3 lbs third week. Only change was upping calories slightly
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited February 2015
    Open up your food diary so we can pinpoint what the problem is.

ETA: Also, how long have you been at the same weight?
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Definitely up your cals, walking 10,000 steps adds a lot of calories!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Eat more. And for how long have you been trying?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Do you use a food scale and weigh everything you eat?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Do you use a food scale and weigh everything you eat?

This, if not you could easily be eating 50% more cals than you think you are
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Open your food diary. You can get lots of advice here if people can see your eating habits.
  • pah483
    pah483 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not sure what your BMR is, but having too extreme of a calorie deficit puts your body into "starvation mode" and it begins to conserve weight. Try upping your calorie intake a bit for a few weeks and see if that helps.
  • catatonicTheorist
    catatonicTheorist Posts: 12 Member
    Your body is in starvation mode. You're expelling too much energy without replenishing your stores. Eat more.
  • shmulyeng
    pah483 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your BMR is, but having too extreme of a calorie deficit puts your body into "starvation mode" and it begins to conserve weight. Try upping your calorie intake a bit for a few weeks and see if that helps.

Starvation mode is a myth. Don't buy into it.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    You probably need to increase your calories. Are you drinking enough water?
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    pah483 wrote: »

No, no it doesn't. Read this: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • shmulyeng
    The most common reason people don't lose weight even if they're doing everything right is that they're not logging accurately.

All solid foods should be weighed and not measured.
  • Newcaro4life
    Newcaro4life Posts: 3 Member
    how are you determining you are eating 1100 calories a day? Are you logging everything? I would also up my calories can be you are holding lots of water weight.
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    nentecular wrote: »

Oh, my, goodness, gracious. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your post and therefore that article. What a fantastic read; thank you!