Maintaining weight

Options
So, I'm trying to maintain my weight, and eat the right amount of calories. I am finding that to be harder than I thought, because I have a small appetite, and most days eat less than 1,000 calories. Does anyone have tips to get more of an appetite?

Replies

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much you would need to eat to maintain? And do you mean a net of 1000 or no matter how much exercise you do? If it's the net amount then you probably need to calm down and stop moving so much. 1000 seems very little to me. It's okay to have that appetite at some days but if it's continuous I'd be worried. Talk to a doctor?
  • maryo2093
    maryo2093 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have concerns about maintaining my weight. I did reach my goal and now the app reset my calorie goal for the day by nearly 500 calories. I feel like I'm gonna gain if I suddenly add 500 calories to my day. Any suggestions?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat MORE food, you'll need to replace the foods you do eat the more calorie dense ones. Avocados, nuts, peanut butter, use more oils, etc. Just like you more than likely changed how you eat to lose weight you'll need to change how you eat to maintain the weight. Because if you keep eating at a deficient you'll keep losing.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Add fat - it has lots of calories. Carbs too. Two pieces of toast with butter and a glass of orange juice has 500 calories. Add cheese to things. Have a fig or two.

I had to do this for my dad and we just slipped fat in different delicious forms into everything.