Gona be in the middle weight division this time!

Options
So first off let me say "hi".

Hi!

I have been up and down in the weight department for many years starting after a bad car accident and 2+ months on my back in the hospital. May sound like a good excuse; that was 20 some years ago so it's not so good. At that time I was 6'1" 145 lbs and could eat till I felt like I would explode then eat some more. Never mattered what it was I ate, never gained a pound. Post accident... well things are different. Spent 20 years not giving a darn and slowly packed on the pounds up to a whopping 300 lbs. Ew!

Two years ago I went to Korea to compete in an international Hapkido tournament and was placed in the seniors heavyweight (ya think?) division. Well there was only one old big guy, me, so I got to fight with the guys 1/2 my age and 100 lbs lighter. I decided at that time that something had to be done and joined Weight Watchers with a friend who through their program lost about 300 lbs, and it worked. Made it down to 200 and felt pretty good. Then no matter what I did I stayed at 200 for months and months ended up discouraged and slacked off big time gave up on WW and made it back up to 242 after almost a year.

Recently signed up for the trip back to Korea this year and decided that I was / am going to fight in the middle weight division this go around. I have till Oct 15th to get down to, at the least, 185 lbs., which is the high end of the "ideal" weight for my age and height and the top end of the middle weight division. I think it's doable.

Also signed up for the "Tough Mudder" in September and will probably compete in a Karate tournament in September sometime. Lots of preparing to do to say the least.

I travel extensively for my job so having good food options is a problem. Lots of McDonalds and Burger Kings out there... No steady refrigerator to put stuff in or prepare in advance... Not an excuse just the way things are.

Got turned on to MFP by a friend at the dojo and must say it is pretty cool. Better than the WW apps.

While I may not have a lot to offer in the way of advice to anyone, and will have more questions than suggestions, I look forward to sharing with and supporting you all.

James.

Replies