To juice or not juice?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I "juice" to supplement my veggie intake. By juice I mean I regularly drink low sodium V8...I have enough going on and don't have time to actually juice. It's a good way to supplement your veggie intake, but people get carried away with all kind of other nonsense and turn a good thing into a bunch of derp.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Juicing has never appealed to me. I love the taste/crunch of fruits and veggies, so I just eat them =)
  • albeus51
    albeus51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think a juice cleanse is never a good idea. With that said, I love the occasional cold-pressed juice or fresh smoothie as a snack once or twice a week. I make sure to take into account the calories for my day if I opt for the smoothie. Yes, eating the food or veggie whole provides additional fiber and is more filling. Some people though, don't want to eat 3 cups of kale to get their greens. There is no harm in adding it to your diet, especially if you want to get more vegetables into your day. Eating 3 cups worth isn't always practical.
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's a good way to supplement your veggie intake, but people get carried away with all kind of other nonsense and turn a good thing into a bunch of derp.

YES!

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Freshly made juice tastes better than anything from a store, and the ones I have used leave a lot of the fiber intact. Juicing makes me quite regular! It also helped me to eat more fruits and veggies when I tried it out.

But is it worth all the cost, preparation, and clean-up?? Not for me. I definitely don't have the time or money to invest in it on a regular basis.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Don't like the juice -- I'd much prefer to eat my calories because the juice does not fill me up and keep me satisfied. I hate feeling hungry. I love the veggies and fruits with a nice protein to keep me going all day and into the evening.