Wedding weight loss

Options
I need to get serious about losing weight in order to feel confident enough to try on wedding dresses. I keep putting this whole process off and if I keep it up I will run out of time. I'm ready to get serious and any and all motivation is greatly appreciated. Recently, I have also seen my Grandad go through health issue that I want to try and prevent by taking care of myself while I am still young. We only live once so might as well make it a great, happy, and healthy life!

Replies

• GoBridgeyGo
    Options
    Hi Stephfany. I'm also trying to lose weight before my wedding in June this year, and after a few good weeks in January, my motivation is definitely starting to wane! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can provide some motivation to one another :-) When are you getting married? Love the mug in your picture by the way!
  • agraciana
    agraciana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel you!! Except, I already tried on my wedding dress, and bought it last April. Now, I have to start my fittings soon, and I am SO scared that I won't fit into the dress (it was pretty damn snug last August when I tried it on last). I keep thinking I have tons of time until my wedding, but, it's only 5 months away. I'm starting to get petrified now.

Add me, ladies! Need to get some support and accountability going!
  • tiffanyheal
    tiffanyheal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! I'm so glad I found you! My wedding is in September and I'm a horrible emotional eater. I'd like to lose close to 50 lbs by then if possible. I'm only Pinteresting dresses until I'm down at least 30. :s Tiff
  • rocknbam
    rocknbam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....My wedding is August 15th....found my dress already and ordered in a larger size then I would have liked to (14)....determined to get it altered significantly when it comes in in 5 months because I would like to lose 33 more pounds! Let's motivate each other on this journey!
  • StephEyeAm
    StephEyeAm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! Look forward to helping each other through this journey we are all on!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm getting married in July :). Some pieces of advice on your wedding dress shopping adventures (which are super fun!):

1. The first time I went shopping I went by myself. I was really worried about how I thought I would look in dresses and I didn't want anyone else around the first time if I got discouraged. Turned out that didn't happen and it was a great experience!

2. I got a dress that wouldn't change how it fit (much) if I lost weight and that was very flattering to the figure I had then. If I hadn't lost any weight for the wedding I would still feel amazing in the dress I bought at the weight I was at.

3. I have lost about 17 pounds since I went dress shopping (and I am trying to lose another 10-15) - and the seamstress can always take it in, but it is really hard to take it out!

Don't hold off too long on getting a dress - no one likes the stress if wondering if it will be in on time. I also got mine off the floor by luck, so that is also an amazing option too!
  • cgrooms676
    cgrooms676 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm getting married in September and am hoping to lose at least 30 lbs before I start trying on dresses. Feel free to add me and we can support each other!
  • cmileham1
    Options
    Trying to loose weight for my wedding as well. Date is 10.10.15. I haven't tried on any dresses yet. Wanting to wait a bit but running out of time. Just starting on this journey. Needing to loose 100 lbs but would love t loose 40 before the big day.
  • agraciana
    agraciana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself that I need to fit into my dress, but, I do not need to loose much weight. My issue is that I want to look good, yes, but, I am also remembering that my fiance loves me for who I am NOW. I want to be healthier, and look great, but, nothing too drastic for me.

I bought my dress off the floor, size 12. It fit me perfectly when I bought it, but, once again, I have put on weight (I think around 15 lbs) since. I weighed myself today, but, I need to do my measurements and update my account.

We can do this, ladies! For any of us, the time isn't that far off!! And for anyone who joins, even if your big day is two years from now, it will fly by!!

Have a fantastic day, ladies. It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
  • artichoke86
    Options
    Im in a similar boat! Wedding in May followed by three weeks in a bathing suit!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Wedding in August, I only need to lose about 5lbs to be a "perfect" fit in my dress (only slightly tight around my waist) I can always let it out but I would like to try and lose the inches before I modify my dress :)

Also for dress shopping:

1 - Dress sizes and pant sizes are not the same - what you wear in pants wont come close to your dress size (dresses run small)
    2 - Dress shops have a variety of sizes so don't feel bad if you don't fit in them ( i tried on 6 dresses, only 2 fit me)
    3 - go with someone to get another opinion
    4 - do your research before, browse pintrest and bridal salon websites and print out dresses you like to give the consultant an idea of what you want.
    5 - try on every style of dress until you find the right style for you
    6 - give your budget before trying on dresses, the last thing you want is to try on a dress, fall in love..and find out you can't afford it.
    7 - have fun!