Business traveling

Options
Any tips for business travelers in regards to exercising/eating right while you're away???

Replies

• SKILL22
    SKILL22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's tough on the road!! Do best to avoid fast food. Go somewhere you can have healthy choices. Do workouts at hotel gym or in your room
  • john12448
    john12448 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with the food. That's just plain hard. I try to absolutely stick to fruit n oatmeal at breakfast and salads at
    Lunch. You never know what dinner will bein g when you go out with associates. And I try my best to get up early and work out. Generally before 6 so you don't have to fight for equipment. If you kid yourself about working out after work, most of the time something happens and you skip it. Wish there was a magic bullet! Good luck!
  • yvepace
    Options
    Hotel gyms and workout apps work for me. Stick to protein and avoid fast foods! If you're hungry, go to convenience store or drug store. You'd be surprised with their healthier options.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Set your calories to maintain weight if you are having trouble while on the road. As for fast food, you can make it fit, just be sure to check out the nutritional data.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I used to travel all of the time on business. Every hotel I ever stayed at had a fitness room and I usually stayed in a room that at least had a kitchenette so I could grocery shop for the week and have a fridge, etc.

If you're going out, look up things online...if it's a chain or fast food place they will have their nutritional info on-line. A lot of fast food isn't quite the nuclear bomb people think it is...when I have to stop for fast food I like Wendy's and I get a sour cream and chive baked potato and a small chili for example...pretty nutritionally sound and a good macro ratio and somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 calories as I recall.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hotels usually have gyms, so utilize them as much as you can. As far as eating, if you're unable to cook (hotel room kitchen), then be conscientious in your choices and watch portion sizes.
  • FitnessGrudge
    FitnessGrudge Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always have a healthier snack available. At the airport, on the plane, in the hotel room, or at the client site. I bring groceries to the hotel even though I almost never have a kitchen. I look up menus and pre-select an order before going out to eat. It isn't easy, but I ate whatever I wanted my first year of traveling and it caught up with me very quickly.