Looking for support from fellow MFP-ers!

Options
Hello

I am a new member of MFP but have been roaming the forums along with every other weight loss / nutrition / fitness website you could think of for years now.

At 5'6 & 160lbs I knew I needed to start losing weight so I started reading up on the ins and outs. That was 5 years ago. I spent 5 years planning my journey but never started. I am now 225lbs.

I am fed up and ready to start NOW. I have all the knowledge but greatly lack motivation and the ability to just DO IT. "I'm starting tomorrow... Monday... Jan 1... Halloween... next week... etc etc etc" is my motto but it never happens.

Yesterday I walked 2.5 miles. I haven't gone on a fitness walk in a year probably. Today, my legs are so sore & I am so excited about it. Ready to continue & drop these 85-95 lbs.. starting at 225 & getting to between 130-140.

I would love friends on here to encourage, motivate and hold each other accountable.

Thanks for listening!!

Mary

Replies

• tcscholz554
    tcscholz554 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good job on your walk!!! It's def really hard to stay motivated!! Just remind yourself what you want and it's definitely not going to be easy. But you can do it!!!
    Feel free to add me if you like :)