I'm sure this has been slung thru like a dead horse ?!?! LOL but FitBit/Tracking Help PLEASE!!!

Options
satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
satisfyingmyinnerfatkid Posts: 43 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay so I'm now here on MFP for good.. coming from another well known calorie tracker. Anyhow... I'm using my Fitbit Charge HR and I'm unsure if I want to connect it to MFP.

I've set it on MFP to lose a pound a week (only a pound, not 2 per week, is fine with me).

Well, I currently don't have my Fitbit connected to MFP. I'm entering all my daily exercise myself.

If I decide to connect my Fitbit, should I still track the exercise manually or give that up and let Fitbit do it? On the same note, but what if I want to track exercise manually just so my friends can see what I'm doing for workouts in their feed AND connect my Fitbit ..will that mess me up because Fitbit is also making an entry in my Tracked Exercises?

Help!

Replies

• Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I let the fitbit track my activity levels and MFP will adjust the calories accordingly. I know that people will lose the benefit of seeing what exercises I do, but I do believe that the fitbit is more accurate because of the heart rate monitor. Plus, if I'm doing something like weight training or circuits I don't have to guess about the calories because the Fitbit is tracking my calories based on my activity levels. At first I manually tracked my calories, but I changed my mind due to the fact that HR is an investment so I want to get the full benefits of the product. You can always add excerise notes in your diary if you like.