Watch What I Eat-DAY 1

Options
Today is the day that I start watching what I eat. So no more overeating and snacking at night-goodbye Oreos and other sweets. Wish me luck!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You can still eat Oreos and other sweets. Only requirement for weight loss is eating fewer calories, sweets don't make you fat. So assuming you enjoy these and would like to eat these things while you maintain your weight, it would be a good idea to get rid of any notion of bad foods making you fat etc, just track your intake, eat reasonably, and log consistently. I eat lots of treats (ice cream and a donut tonight) and I've still lost about 30lbs, so eat to enjoy your life.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give up anything, you need to learn moderation. All that's required is the caloric deficit.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    What is so bad about eating at night?
  • DEJAnoVU
    DEJAnoVU Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sad day...
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just had 8 pieces of pot of gold caramel chocolate because I still had 500 exercise calories. Score! You don't have to give anything up. Just work them in. If you can only afford to eat 1, then eat 1.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I just had 8 pieces of pot of gold caramel chocolate because I still had 500 exercise calories. Score! You don't have to give anything up. Just work them in. If you can only afford to eat 1, then eat 1.

Where's mine?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    You can eat sweets in a calorie deficit. I had a red velvet cupcake tonight and still remained under my goal.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Where's mine?

Sorry, I don't share my chocolates.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i fit my ice cream and chocolate in daily :)
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! everyone can't handle eating oreo's and losing weight...moderation isn't easy for everyone...OP good luck on your journey...stay motivated...and if you feel like giving up, just check success stories on this site and youtube to stay motivated
  • honeybee_kisses
    honeybee_kisses Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I too have kissed goodbye to snacking in the evenings. I have the odd treat now and again but wouldn't lose a damn thing if I still ate what i used to in front of the tv! And I second reading the success stories on here, they really motivate me
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    mryak750 wrote: »
    Wow!!! everyone can't handle eating oreo's and losing weight...moderation isn't easy for everyone...OP good luck on your journey...stay motivated...and if you feel like giving up, just check success stories on this site and youtube to stay motivated

OP adopting an all or nothing mentality towards weight loss is unlikely to be beneficial. Also, pretty much everyone can handle moderation, some people choose to eat their treats more often than others. Not cutting anything out of your diet outside of medical reasons, and eating within your caloric goals = moderation. EVERYONE on MFP thus by default, if eating to their caloric goals, is practicing moderation if using the dictionary definition of the term. So there is no reason that the OP cannot and should not eat Oreos if he has calories for them and is craving them.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oreo's would be a total trigger for me so I understand where the OP is coming from. Now, I can do a nice dark chocolate with a high cacao (86%) like midnight reverie. I eat a couple of squares of that and I don't need more. Good luck OP. Do what works best for you :)