What '74 Pounds Less' Looks Like... (Pics)

Options

Replies

• colapopmusic
    Options
    You look so very good! Great work :) Such an inspiration :)
  • ajoyt
    ajoyt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • arixterkelley
    arixterkelley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    AmazinG!!
  • eftguru
    eftguru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, you've done really well! Keep it up and you'll do it. I just worked it out that you are averaging 1lb a week, I have set my loss rate @ 1.5 and it's getting there much faster and with ease. Why not do the same? :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Coach Simon - Thanks for the advice and the updates! Way to go!! I'm proud of you...and I don't even know you! :-)
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great work !
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Hey handsome, how you doin'? I love seeing progress pics, it keeps me so inspired. Awesome job, you are so motivational!!!
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Success Story...... So how did you do it?

I did it by staying committed. I know that seems easier said than done and believe me I know that. When I started out I used things like my Xbox Kinect to get moving. It was fun and worked my body, especially when I was 339 pounds. I also started being very active, going out and plating basketball, volleyball, football etc. Just trying new things to keep me going. After 6 months I hit a plateau and didn't lose anything anymore. I was eating 1600 calories and burned an average of over 1200 calories a day. By then I had lost almost 70 pounds, but within the next few months I gained probably about 20 pounds back. I didn't understand why and was getting extremely unmotivated and depressed because of it. It was then when I was at my lowest and I didn't know how to get back up. So I stood down there until the end of 2012. I was able to maintain my weight, but had no willpower whatsoever to continue. I knew one thing, and that was that I wasn't going to quit. So when the end of 2012 came near I pledged to continue turning my life around. I researched how much I should be eating and followed my TDEE which was at 2700 calories. A huge amount to take in, but I did it. January 2013 I continued and started the program "You are your own gym" by Mark Lauren. Pure strength training for 10 weeks. Within that time period I lost 8 pounds and 12 inches, but after that my weight wouldn't drop anymore. I was stuck in the 270's for quite some time but I was more determined than ever before. You could say that hitting my lowest has made me come back even stronger. After another stand still of my weight I've pit my calories to 1800 and ever since then I've been losing an average of 2 pounds if not more.

It took me 1 year to find my golden zone and to find what works for me and I'm glad I never quit. Neither should you.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    you are doing amazing, keep up the good work :smokin:
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    Hey, you've done really well! Keep it up and you'll do it. I just worked it out that you are averaging 1lb a week, I have set my loss rate @ 1.5 and it's getting there much faster and with ease. Why not do the same? :wink: :flowerforyou:

I've always had it on 2 pounds per week, but when I hit the down time after 6 months, I didn't lose anything anymore then. So actually, that weight has been dropped in 10 months if you would not include the downtime. But even during that time I continued to log in because I really wanted to keep my streak.
  • LennineHooper
    LennineHooper Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done! You should be so proud of your achievement! Good for you :) x
  • Coach_Simon
    Options
    Oh and to everybody else, thank you so much for all the kind words. ;)
  • go_iris
    go_iris Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! Great motivation - thank you! :smile: :smile:
  • SuprDadOf4
    SuprDadOf4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    WoW! You went from being an over weight boy,to looking good as a young man. You sure are doing a great job.
    Congrats to you

Your info on not losing ,getting down hearted etc is words I need to read every day.Thanks for being honest about your long journey.
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Amazing Transformation Buddy...,keep up the good work
  • viking_chick
    viking_chick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep going!!! :D
  • GimmieDatSalad
    Options
    Wow! It's like a totally different man.
  • scarrletti_girl