How many times do you weigh yourself???

Options

Replies

• stephnic4
    stephnic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am weighing myself every other friday. I feel anxious to do it more frequently but u see bigger results the more time u wait so irs worth it
  • Jim_G30
    Jim_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ever since scales lied to me, I don't use them any more. Just measures and how clothes fit is.....does me but each to there own I guess.
  • MFAB8258
    MFAB8258 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • LilyPearl0560
    LilyPearl0560 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week.
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When I started, I weighed every day. I understood that the weight will fluctuate up and down, so I didn't worry about it going up even a couple of pounds.

The reason I did it every day is I didn't want to miss the new low. If I weighed every Friday, for example, and my low for the week was on Wednesday, that would be more discouraging for me than seeing the normal daily flutuations.

Now that I am on maintenance, I weigh every week. There's a number 5 pounds over my goal weight that if I see, I'll go to a deficit for a couple of weeks. Haven't seen that number yet, and I've stayed within 2 or 3 lbs of my target.
  • kennadieAndKJs_mom
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I pee and with no clothes. That way I know I have an empty stomach (and bladder, lol) and no clothes to add weight.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Officially? Once a week. I will randomly hop on the scale several other times a week, at different times of the day, so I can loosely gauge if I'm on track, though.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, Monday and Thursday, and I always record it whether up or down. Then I usually look at the results graph so even if I'm up that particular day I can still see its an overall downward trend.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Before race, after race. If I'm not racing, then every month or 2.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My routine is Monday morning, get up, use to the loo/bathroom, strip off, step on the scale. That is my "official log in weight" for the week. I usually repeat the process on Friday just to see how I'm doing, but that is just for my mind only. Unless there is something else going on, I DON'T get on the scale other than those 2 times. I don't want to get too caught up in a number.
  • lagrothe
    lagrothe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Daily! Keeps me on track. If the scale has moved a little, I adjust my diet and exercise for the next few days if needed.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Never. Well, almost never. My doctor weighs me, and I've been weighed at school when we have a lab day (medical assistant training). I found that no matter what the scale said, it was an excuse to eat. Gained some weight; eat to console myself. Lost some weight; eat to celebrate.
  • marcied2015
    marcied2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good for me!
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because I understand and expect fluctuations. I only record my weight once a week. I know my weight can jump around quite a bit from one day to the next, but if I only weighed once a week and caught myself on an "up" day, I might be discouraged.
  • lovabee
    lovabee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself once a week on Sunday. Sometimes I check on Saturday, but I don't log that weight then. I have also had the case that I supposedly 'gained' more than 1lb between Saturday and Sunday. I logged the higher Sunday weight, but then the week after that, I had lost more than 2lbs. It usually evens out.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm another that weighs daily. I like the data, and it helps me know and be comfortable with my normal fluctuation range. And then it's the trend over time that matters most to me. Like others have said, I feel like if I weighed weekly, I might end up weighing on a day when my weight was randomly higher, but then I might miss seeing that it was back down the next day. Or the opposite might happen, and I happen to weigh on a "low" day, thinking I've hit a new low, when really it might have been a fluke, and then the next week when I wasn't as low as I thought I should be, I'd be discouraged again. I think if I weren't going to weigh daily, I'd rather go to monthly, because I think in a month you'd be likely to see some real loss, rather than weekly, where you're more likely to still be seeing the effect of normal fluctuations, and may get a false sense of what's really going on, since you're not seeing ALL of the day-to-day ups and downs.

Ultimately, though, it's all about personal preference, and what keeps you sane. If daily is too much, skip it.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Every 10 min. Jk. About every month or 2.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks.
    I used to weight myself multiple times a day and it was the most discouraging thing ever for me.
  • annas987
    annas987 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks for me. I usually weigh on a Friday because even if I lost no weight it's still the weekend Yay!!!!